Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a thought the other day... Often the Model S is referenced to the experience of charging your cell phone and having a full charge every day. That got me thinking of the reverse... Imagine if you wanted to check your phone for messages you had to start a little motor and a little puff of exhaust smoke would come out?

You would have to keep it running while on a call which would be annoying at best.

From time to time your phone would need an oil change or other maintenance so you would have to take it in and get a loaner for the day.

Any other analogies?

Actually, I would like that commercial if it weren't for poking fun at the Volt, as the Volt is one of the precious few attempts outside of Tesla to create an uncompromised car that can do almost all of it's driving without gas. A standard Prius would have been a much better choice to poke fun at.

Actually, I would like that commercial if it weren't for poking fun at the Volt, as the Volt is one of the precious few attempts outside of Tesla to create an uncompromised car that can do almost all of it's driving without gas. A standard Prius would have been a much better choice to poke fun at.

I agree. That kinda ruined it for me too when I saw it the first time. On the other hand, I guess Nissan saw the Volt as their primary competition at that time.

Any other analogies?
I'm sure I read something in the last several months, I think it was a couple-of-paragraphs quote by Chelsea Sexton, just a great analogy using cellphone growth compared to electric cars. I've searched and searched, but can't find it. It could have been in a magazine article, referred to in a tweet... I'll keep looking. Meanwhile, anyone else know what I'm talking about?