Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my mirror auto-tilt working properly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barry

Aug 9, 2013
Colorado
I set auto-tilt set ON. The driver's side mirror does tilt down in reverse, but I find it's not enough to see the lines backing into a parking spot. The passenger side mirror does not auto-tilt. Is this how it should work?

Just to be sure, have you tried adjusting them downward to your preferred position when in reverse in the off chance the programming had simply been wiped out for remembers the position incorrectly?
I wasn't aware that I needed to set the tilt position. I thought it was an automatic amount of tilt, as in a previous vehicle I owned. Now that I re-read the manual, I understand what I need to do. Thanks.

I set auto-tilt set ON. The driver's side mirror does tilt down in reverse, but I find it's not enough to see the lines backing into a parking spot. The passenger side mirror does not auto-tilt. Is this how it should work?

Just to reinforce, unlike some other vehicles which have a 'fixed' auto-tilt on reverse, the S requires you to program them. Park somewhere safe, in Park, check your mirrors, then step on the brake and shift into Reverse. Adjust both mirrors to your liking, then press Save on your Profile. Test it out in Drive and Park as well as Reverse to see if the settings stick.

Just to reinforce, unlike some other vehicles which have a 'fixed' auto-tilt on reverse, the S requires you to program them. Park somewhere safe, in Park, check your mirrors, then step on the brake and shift into Reverse. Adjust both mirrors to your liking, then press Save on your Profile. Test it out in Drive and Park as well as Reverse to see if the settings stick.

Wow, I had no idea! Need to test this! I was really bummed as the mirrors only go down on my MS maybe a 1/4". Thought it was me. THANKS!!

Wow, I had no idea! Need to test this! I was really bummed as the mirrors only go down on my MS maybe a 1/4". Thought it was me. THANKS!!

I thought mine was broken. Completed the programming as per the previous posts and it works better then any other car I have driven with this feature. I tilted and angled the mirrors so that I can see the tires/rims and the curb. Hopefully no rim scuffs with this awesome adjustability!

It's nice that people can give quick responses.

But, this is very clearly described in the Owner's guide. Don't always assume your past experience is where the limits are...

Think about how many other useful features may be there to be found when reading through the guide ;)

Then, when you are not sure about something, tap into the experience of forum members.

+1. That's exactly how it works and it works well.