Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear cup holders and consol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for me its amazing that a 142,000 dollar 4 door does not have rear cup holders and whats more annoying
is the fact that they want to sell them to after you buy the car same with the console have you looked in side any luxury

4 door
my p85d is not realy a luxury 4 door in my mind its almost one
you would think a 140,000 dollar car would come with everything now they want to dollar me to death
with the stuff that it should have come with in the first place
sorry not dollar its mega dollar me to death its just wrong to me

any way just sayin

you are lucky enough to own the fastest sedan ever built and it doesn't burn a drop of gas...you can't have it all with a startup car company...if you hadn't noticed, they are trying to do more than make your ride comfortable

personally I'm thrilled that Tesla focuses resources on the real technologies (batteries, electric motors, efficiency, safety, etc) to advance EVs rather than interior comforts...clearly its not the top priority nor are those required for Tesla's target audience...also, there is a growing aftermarket supply of interior upgrades

if you want a luxury interior and don't mind burning gas, you could have bought a Hyundai Equus for a lot less...

I don't understand why Tesla can't deliver both (walk and chew gum). Hard not to conclude the approach is designed to boost gross margin given current levels of demand and manufacturing capacity.

For someone planning/hoping to own an S85D for 10+ years, limited interior choices and this issue of repair costs and insurance rates is giving me some pause.

no need for cupholders. just purchase the party hat, hands free!!

917i+D9xewL._SL1500_.jpg

Would that first link work/fit between the front seats? If you have it can you take a picture of it there? Still need to solve a cupholder issue for the family. We all love the Tesla EXCEPT for the cupholder fiasco.

(on the wait list for the Tesla console for last 10 months and this may be a good stop gap).

Would that first link work/fit between the front seats? If you have it can you take a picture of it there? Still need to solve a cupholder issue for the family. We all love the Tesla EXCEPT for the cupholder fiasco.

(on the wait list for the Tesla console for last 10 months and this may be a good stop gap).

Yes it would fit down between the front seats I'm certain- however, the cup holders on it are very small. Perhaps okay for a skinny water bottle or a kids sip cup. But not really ideal which is part of why we got the 2nd one. I can see about taking a photo later for you, but just beware the cup holder size is rather smaller in diameter than you may wish.

Have you all seen the Tesla email where it talks about the new executive rear seats? I received an email about it on 2/2. So they are making improvements as time goes on. Though it is an arguably expensive option as it costs extra and requires having the premium interior.

"Tesla is pleased to announce the availability of new executive rear seats. Designed for improved comfort and convenience, the seats harmonize perfectly with the styling and material aesthetic of the Model S interior. The seat cushions sit slightly lower in the car for around 10-15mm more headroom, and have a plusher design for a softer lounge style seat. The seats have two-zone heating and come with an armrest console with a leather armrest lid, storage compartment, flocked tray (sized appropriately to hold a mobile phone) and a dual cup-holder at the front. For drivers in colder climates, we now offer a heated steering wheel as part of our subzero weather package."

for me its amazing that a 142,000 dollar 4 door does not have rear cup holders and whats more annoying
is the fact that they want to sell them to after you buy the car same with the console have you looked in side any luxury

4 door
my p85d is not realy a luxury 4 door in my mind its almost one
you would think a 140,000 dollar car would come with everything now they want to dollar me to death
with the stuff that it should have come with in the first place
sorry not dollar its mega dollar me to death its just wrong to me

any way just sayin

Maybe you should read how Tesla actually markets the car versus how the media spins the car. Tesla markets the car as a "premium sedan". The media calls it a "luxury car". It is not a luxury car. It is a premium sedan sitting on top of a $50,000 battery. So it's actually comparable to an ICE car costing in the $40,000-$50,000 range. All things are not equal. With a Model S, you are paying about a $50,000 premium for having a big battery for long EV range. That cost needs to come off the top before you make any comparisons.

Here in the US, the Model S starts at about $70,000. If you are outside of the US, you will need to adjust the above numbers to reflect whatever additional duty/tax/exchange rate penalty for your home country.

I often keep a water bottle, made of glass, in my cup holder. Is that bad for my health or the environment? Got to drink something. Tesla really dropped the ball on this.
Water is good for you and has minimal impact on the environment.
Most people think of "drinks" as disposable bottles and cans of sugared or chemically flavored water which are not good for your health or the environment and certainly not good when spilled inside the car.

No drinks in my car. Ever.
Bad for your health and bad for the environment... just say no.

New England, we love our Dunkin'. This is a daily issue:
IMG_2714.jpg

Where do I put the 3rd? We buy at least 3 a day. Ok perhaps I have an issue but thats not the point. My Acura had 6 cupholders.

Not the end of the world but would love to solve the only nagging complaint the family has about the car.

I'm convinced that the designer of the Model S has it out for cupholders. Even the ones in the stock vehicle suck. I'm guessing he was forced to put them in and so he chose the worst possible location. I imagine in his/her mind, the car is too beautiful to destroy by consuming any type of beverage in it.

;-)

AWW MAN NO Cup Holders - YouTube

this is really a North American complaint and our love for road coffee and Starbucks. Many of the cars equipped with cup holders in North America find that deleted in the European version....maybe TM is just being European!~