Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14 MS door handle and window seal help šŸ™šŸ™

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on 4 months Iā€™ve had an issue with my left rear window sealing when the door closes. Sometimes it would, most of the time it wouldnā€™t. If the window seals properly I can roll window up and down like any of us normally would with no issues. If the window wasnā€™t sealed properly, I could roll window down but when I tried to roll up it would only roll up to where it was to start (where window auto rolls down a bit when opening door).

Mobile service came out and of course changed the most expensive part, the window regulator. Over 400 dollars later the problem persisted.. and of course the tech said the regulator needed to be replaced anyways.

Soooo, I schedule another service and the techs says that I need a new front wiring harness. Ordered one and installed myself. Did nothing. So maybe itā€™s the rear wiring harness. Order it and install myself and nothing. Though after installing the rear wiring harness now the left rear door handle doesnā€™t present and I can only open door from insidešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Also installed a new rear door handle controller, that didnā€™t work either.

So Iā€™m coming to this community asking what the heck it could be.

Now when I go to service mode the car canā€™t even communicate with the door handle (and yes, Iā€™ve triple checked all wiring harness connections).

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you have!!

Attachments

• IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 70