Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Anyone Make a Door-Handle-Mounted Cup Holder That's Over 3-Inches in Diameter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
tldr; I'm looking for this style cup holder but in something larger than 3" diameter:

1712241625274.png

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with these Chinese offerings that all state they're over 3" in diameter but then you get them and they're less than 3" ID. The tumblers were use are right about 3" diameter at the bast and then expand slightly until about midway where there's a noticeable step out. Pretty common dimensions for these 30-32oz tumblers readily available all over. With these cup holders, I can get the bottom 1/4" or so in before it won't go any further. They also made the cup holders much taller (I guess lots of feedback wanted them taller but not wider?) so I'm left with this gigantic tall tumbler that doesn't seem very secure for acceleration/deceleration.

If they made them even a quarter inch wider in ID diameter they'd be close to perfect for our needs. If I can get really picky, I'm not sure why they're so tall either so I'd like it a bit shorter. Also, black color is a must. I hate that the pictures all show black color and then a gray set of 4 cup holders show up after I patiently wait for the ship to cross the Pacific. Then, when I go back to the listing, I see a super small disclaimer at the bottom that the color may differ from images. Why?