Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question About Tesla Website: Model S "Features"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
I've only been using the teslamotors.com site for about a month. (I have a P85D ordered.) The entire time I've been using the site, the "order" button, as well as two of the four large main choices under the large photo on the Model S page--the "Design Studio" choice as well as the "Features" choice--all link to the design studio. I'm wondering if "Features" ever did actually link to detailed information on the Model S's features.

Obviously I've read a great deal about this very expensive car I've got coming in December, but if there's more "official" stuff to read that should be on the Tesla website, I'd like to read it. I let a Tesla phone rep know about the odd redirecting weeks ago, but it hasn't been corrected, so I'm wondering if it has always been this way. If so, that's some pretty strange web-design.

There used to be a features section that talked about the car in general (It had items like a demo day instrument lighting vs. night instrument lighting.) This morning it appears that the features link has been removed--at least I couldn't find the link. My guess is that the Tesla has been evolving so fast that the page couldn't keep up, and because there are now more Tesla stores and galleries it's easier, and probably more effective, to see this kind of information in person.

Tesla's website doesn't seem to be a high priority--it's often out of date.

The image below is a screen capture taken just now, from the main screen after selecting Model S. The "Order" button, the "Design Studio" option at the left, underneath the large picture, and the "Features" option to the right of "Design Studio" all link to the Design Studio.

It sounds like at one time "Features" would have linked to something else.

ScreenHunter_47 Nov. 09 12.22.jpg

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

Snapshot from before they removed it so you can sorta see what used to be there. The page is sorta all garbled up because it didn't archive everything correctly. Basically it did a full rundown of all the features of the car from the touchscreen, the seating, the safety, the performance, etc. I really liked it, but it was pulled as soon as they made the shift to the dual motor release. Especially now that the performance 85 has been removed it really has a whole section that no longer fits so they need to update it for that. There was a really great winter performance video in there on how well the S handled in the snow even before the dual motors. Anyway, I really hope they bring it back.

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

Snapshot from before they removed it so you can sorta see what used to be there.

That's great! Thanks very much!

I first accessed the Tesla site just after the October announcement, so I guess I just missed the feature section actually having been there. They definitely need to bring it back.

Thanks for taking the time to find it and post!