Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

25 REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO BUY A TESLA Model S or X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After owning the first Tesla in Newfoundland and Labrador here for the last three months, here are 25 reasons why you should a Tesla:
1. You know longer have worry about getting those gas coupons at Sobeys to get your 3 cent discount at the Irving gas station.
2. You no longer have to worry about the price of gas going up or down every Friday.
3. You colleagues at work will be automatically are impressed with the car.
4. It saves the environment.
5. My auto insurance was much less them my 2007 BMW 323i.
6. It was easy to convince my brother 650 km away to install a 40 amp 240 NEMA 14-50 receptacle so I could visit without the concern for access to power. ($140 for materials).
7. No more worry about the warranty expiring based on mileage within the first 8 year period.
8. No worry about having to pay for spark plug replacement any more like my BMW ($600+).
9. No worry about having to pay for clutch replacement any more like my BMW ($1200+).
10. No more getting stiffed by FORD, GM, and BMW for service.
11. After 6500 km I have spent $140 in electricity. That is 2.1 cents per km. My BMW costs 17 cents per km for gas. The economics of owning one is better then you think it is.
12. After 3 months you will not want drive anything else. I now understand why a number of EV owners have two or three EV’s.
13. Most banks and or credit unions will give you a break on the financing compared to a regular car. The NL credit union beat Scotia Banks rates with a rebate.
14. You find that the drive to work is not enough and that it would be more fun to retire and head out on the highway and travel throughout North America for no cost of fuel.
15. You make new friends who have a like minded interest in the Tesla. Its nothing like any BMW club.
16. It is easy to keep clean. No more layers of brake dust and ugly engine compartments.
17. No more driving away with dirty hands because you wasted oil while putting it in the engine.
18. You wife and kids will enjoy driving it. They say its like driving butter? Smooth I guess.
19. You can keep track of where the car at any time and lock the door from anywhere.
20. Make it cool down in the summer remotely before you get in.
21. Surprisingly, the Chevrolet dealer who runs the two Sun Country Highway chargers in Gander and Clarenville were very accommodating to ensure the chargers were operational when I plugged in.
22. When travelling across the island four of four sun country chargers visited were fully operational and at no cost.
23. I do not have to worry about corrosion.
24. Energy cost to run the car is governed by the Public Utility Board and is much less volatile then the price of gas.
25. The energy I purchased for my car was paid to the power utility owned and made in the province and not purchased from some place overseas where the oil energy resources cause conflict and people die every day trying to control it.