Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

best price for Nokian Hakka R2s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to turn my stock 19" rims into winter tires, and am wondering what is the best price you have paid/found for Nokian Hakka R2s (those seem to be the tires of choice here).

Is there a better time of year to buy (Summer for off-season sale or winter discount pricing?)....

Ryan and tiresbyweb.com has always been pretty good to me. Tell him you are a TMC member. However, the winter tires won't arrive until it's almost winter, but you might want to reserve them now as last year Nokian sold out.

You might consider the all-weather (not all-season) Nokian WR G3 tires, and leave them on all year.

I have 21" with Hankooks on for summer... and 19" for winter.. just need new tires on them to pull it off. In MN, having a dedicated winter tire is almost a must.... especially given the way I drive :)

Thanks for the advice on Tiresbyweb!!

I have 21" with Hankooks on for summer... and 19" for winter.. just need new tires on them to pull it off. In MN, having a dedicated winter tire is almost a must

Agreed, but the WR g3 tires are real winter tires that also work reasonably well in summer (as opposed to the all-seasons most of us are familiar with). Only the best "real snow tires" exceed them and not by much. Too bad they aren't made in the Model S' size. If you wear out a set of tires in a year (just saying) they are perfect because you put a new set on each fall and you're all set.

(those seem to be the tires of choice here).

Living in Sweden I'm quite familiar with snow tyres. Apart from the Nokian Hakka's, you might also want to look into Michelin X-ICE3 and Continental ContiVikingContact5. I don't know if any of them are available in the US though...
All 3 are excellent winter tyres of what we call the nordic kind (as opposed to for example the Nokian WR G3 which we call the European kind).