Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Stock Ownership | Car Ownership (revised)

Do you own a Tesla vehicle? Do you own TSLA shares? Both? Neither?

• Own/reserved Tesla car; own TSLA shares/options

Votes: 163 61.5%
  • Own/reserved Tesla car; no investment

Votes: 36 13.6%
  • No Tesla vehicle, but own TSLA shares/options

Votes: 56 21.1%
  • Neither Tesla vehicle nor TSLA shares/options

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Own Models S, own shares and trade shares and options to accumulate more shares, about to order Model X.

Holding until $990 per share to avoid massive dip caused by brianstorms selling his shares.

Last edited:
I'll let you know. :) Don't expect to hear anything soon. I'm waiting for Gen III and to see what happens. Until then, the rest of this is just really really fun to watch.

Great idea Robert Boston!!

I owned the stock options (LEAPs) and then bought the S one year ago and bought a lot more options as a result. Now I own lots of shares and am a Model X res holder as well...

I plan to hold at least until I personally test drive another fully electric car that I feel is comparable to Tesla's latest product (which I will always own) at a comparable price. If/when that happens then I may sell sme of my shares. Probably will be many years from now when that happens due to the headstart Tesla has.

I bought shares early last year and had no intention of buying a Model S (how much?? that's more than my first two houses!), was going to use the profits in 2017 to buy a Model E. But then I just couldn't wait -- once a shareholder and paying even more attention to Tesla (if that's possible), it was harder and harder to resist. Hindsight: I would do it again in a heartbeat.:love: Eventually I'll sell my shares (Price is Right - we're up to $986 now?) but I'm long.

I bought shares shortly after I ordered the car. I thought if 10 years from now the shares are way up, I wouldn't be able to look at my old electric car without thinking how much money I would have had if I bought the shares instead of the car. So I got both.