Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin X-ICE Xi3 LRR Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone used this instead of the TM recommended Pirelli Winter Sottozero? Just curious because the are low rolling resistance tires and may extend mileage.

I haven't used them personally, but I have no doubt they are better than the Pirelli based on last winter's posts about the Pirelli.

I have the Xi2 on my BMW 5-series. Xi3 is just a newer model from the same series.
It's a great tire. I'm in Sweden and we do get snow.
In the nordic countries we usually consider there to be a difference between winter tires for nordic conditions (snow and ice) and those for the rest of europe (mostly rain, some light snow sometimes). No one in their right mind uses a "rest of europe" kind in the nordic countries in the winter even if they are legal to use.
The Michelin X-Ice series is the nordic kind, the Pirelli Winter Sottozero is the "rest of europe" kind.
I guess the same is true for the US, those in the north have higher demands for decent winter tires than those in the middle.

Others to recommend (all of the nordic type) are:
Nokian Hakkapelitta R or R2
Goodyear UltraGrip Ice+
Continental ConitVikingContact 5