Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charge at Nissan Dealership?

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Actually, you're better off charging at RV parks (you'd have to have brought your UMC with NEMA 14-50 adapter but if you're going on a long trip, that's a good idea anyway) since you gain an extra 10A there over a J1772 30A charger.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I have charged at 3 Nissan dealers and all were exceedingly gracious and the chargers were all available 24/7. So in this area I think Nissan is ahead of Tesla in being gracious and open.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    Figures
    Did you misread the "wouldn't" part? Almost all allow it.

The one time I needed to charge at a Nissan Dealership, I made sure to bring a box of doughnuts. Amazing the doors baked goods open.
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Items for Sale
    Nissan dealership in Vandalia Ohio was extremely gracious. After having my mobile charger fail, I charged at Nissan dealership twice. Once on Sunday for about 7 hours and again on Monday to finish the charge. Unfortunately, the charge rate is only 10-12 miles per hour (200 V at 30 Amp), so an RV park with 14-50 would be much faster.

I've stated before, but I had about 8 salesmen out looking at the Tesla. The next week after getting my new mobile charger I gave test rides and took a few pizza's in appreciation of their hospitality. It was a great experience.
    Delivered - 11/2/12 - Signature Performance #121 - Vin #513 / 9/27/13 - CPO Roadster #1196

I plan on checking the Nissan in Eureka. It is close to my office and I think they would be happy to have an S in their parking area.
    Find out soon. Maybe I'll add that to the things to do tomorrow.
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - 21990mi @ 375Whr/mi Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Definitely call first. All the Nissan dealerships I called (only called 3 of them) in Texas when I was planning a trip wouldn't let me charge there.
    Hey Dave was one of those the Waco dealer?
    www.Power12.com ----- Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Non-perf, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonfive View Post
    Hey Dave was one of those the Waco dealer?
    Yeah. I only called that once so maybe I talked with wrong person or they're changed their policy.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thanks for all the great information. I was getting about 16 miles per hour at the Walgreens charging station. So, that's a pretty good option in a pinch. I also will look into the camp ground idea. I hope once apps are available there is a tesla app that gives us charging possibilities tied to the on board GPS. I hope it includes campgrounds. I guess a natural question is about the camp grounds. What has been the experience there?
    Model S Signature Vin 1034

Allstays has an RV park app that you can filter by '50 Amp service'. Best thing to do is call RV park ahead of time and saying you'll be bringing an electric car and need access to a NEMA 14-50 plug for a few hours and ask how much they charge and if they'll let you charge there.

Thread Information