I haven't completed the trek yet, but am posting what I have been through and what I understand to be what is left to do.
- Sign MVPA
- Wire/send funds (including MA 6.25% sales tax)
- Car gets shipped from Cali (~7 days)
- You sign a Cali DMV form to get temp ID
- You tell insurance company you're getting car direct from manufacturer and will have the items below soon; provide the VIN and pre-set the insurance (so you can drive it on day one)
- Tesla provides: Temp Cali ID, check for sales tax (from your funds), Manufacturer's cert of origin, (other stuff?)
- Get this info over to your insurance company and get an RMV-1 form
- You take all this to RMV and get registered & plates
- Your car arrives somewhere between #4 and this item (depends on the situation)
I'll adjust this list as I get through it. I'm sure I have some stuff wrong here ...