Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delivery process in MA

Blog Entries

Delivery process in MA

I haven't completed the trek yet, but am posting what I have been through and what I understand to be what is left to do.

1. Sign MVPA
    2. Wire/send funds (including MA 6.25% sales tax)
    3. Car gets shipped from Cali (~7 days)
    4. You sign a Cali DMV form to get temp ID
    5. You tell insurance company you're getting car direct from manufacturer and will have the items below soon; provide the VIN and pre-set the insurance (so you can drive it on day one)
    6. Tesla provides: Temp Cali ID, check for sales tax (from your funds), Manufacturer's cert of origin, (other stuff?)
    7. Get this info over to your insurance company and get an RMV-1 form
    8. You take all this to RMV and get registered & plates
    9. Your car arrives somewhere between #4 and this item (depends on the situation)

I'll adjust this list as I get through it. I'm sure I have some stuff wrong here ...
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Also lets note, according to @TroyS, there appears to be a time limit from the time you initially insure the vehicle (step 5) and your trip to the registry (step 8).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortArc View Post
    Also lets note, according to @TroyS, there appears to be a time limit from the time you initially insure the vehicle (step 5) and your trip to the registry (step 8).
    It's 7 days according to my insurance provider. The Cali temp registration is good for 90, but it sounds like the MA 7 days controls.
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance

Blog Entries
    This is what I have taped to the back window. It came off a perforated California DMV form (with a carbon copy) -- the form in step 4 in the original post ....

Name:  IMG_0742.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  1.07 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    This is what I have taped to the back window. It came off a perforated California DMV form (with a carbon copy) -- the form in step 4 in the original post ....
    And here's the form in step 4 in its entirety...

Name:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 458
Size:  1.87 MB

Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    And here's the form in step 4 in its entirety...
    OK, who updated the form without telling IT?

Blog Entries
    Got my title / cert of origin, sales tax check, and purchase agreement from Tesla (it's late -- looks like they misunderstood that I needed it / hadn't been sent yet). Tomorrow I call insurance to get RMV-1 form, and then off to the registry.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also mention here that the Watertown service center opening is imminent (supposed to be tomorrow but a minor nit might delay it a few days). Sales license will follow (as long as the current lawsuit doesn't end up in a successful injunction).

Model X #1417
    Cinergi, do you know if the Watertown center will have a supercharger or something similar?

Great update. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RDoc View Post
    Cinergi, do you know if the Watertown center will have a supercharger or something similar?
    Highly unlikely to have a SC, but will almost definitely have the HPWC (80-amp level 2 -- ~60 MPH of charging).

Thread Information