Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery process in MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The process in MA has changed by the way since Cinergi's post. You won't pay tax at all to Tesla now and will just make out a large personal check for tax to the RMV when submitting the RMV-1 form, certificate of origin and bill of sale to get plates. Tesla then requires you to send them a signed "Statement of Delivery Outside Califnornia" form indicating that the car wasn't delivered or sold within CA, excepting their need to take the tax.

I'll send them the form once I receive the car - they pre-filled the form as date of delivery 12/20/2012 and I'm still waiting for the car!

The process in MA has changed by the way since Cinergi's post. You won't pay tax at all to Tesla now and will just make out a large personal check for tax to the RMV when submitting the RMV-1 form, certificate of origin and bill of sale to get plates. Tesla then requires you to send them a signed "Statement of Delivery Outside Califnornia" form indicating that the car wasn't delivered or sold within CA, excepting their need to take the tax.

I'll send them the form once I receive the car - they pre-filled the form as date of delivery 12/20/2012 and I'm still waiting for the car!

Ooops, I've already sent them the form back.
Car expected on 1/10 now. WTF. Emailed George G.

Thanks folks, the Massachusetts process seems to be getting clearer by the day. I wonder has anyone in New Hampshire gone through this yet? The last time I visited the RMV office in city hall (Nashua) they were doing a lot of head scratching, but told me that I wasn't the only person asking about it.