Page 34 of 254 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Psullivan View Post
    4. I have noticed the drive train feels a little loose when in stop and go traffic between 4 and 9 miles an hour. It makes a little jerk when decelerating and then accelerating at low speeds. Anyone else feel this? My service manager said he had heard of it but couldn't recreate it. I have only noticed it at these very slow speeds (thanks California traffic.)
    I have noticed this as well. Its as though the car "hesitates" and/or "shudders" at that low speed. It seems to be something that happens when the car is neither regenerating nor accelerating; meaning that odd moment of transition between the two. We notice it at low speed because you're very likely to be transitioning between the two frequently.

I did notice that the v4 software update mentions throttle response, and I'm wondering if this is what it will fix?

@digitaltim: The two workarounds for ambient light buzz is to A) increase screen brightness to 100% or B) turn off the ambient lights. I did (B)--I like the ambient lights, and would ultimately like them fixed, but since it is likely to be a hardware change that will take a while, I can live with them off for now.

I am on day 11 with "Tesie" as my neighbors have now named my Sig 924 Perfomance. What a great ride coming back from Fremont to Carlsbad over 3 days. It is truly an amazing car and I have had a great time scaring friends and neighbors with all the torque ...
    Congrats Pat! I was thinking that I should be seeing your car in the neighborhood now that most of the Sigs have been delivered. I'll look for the red blur going down Alga...

-Mike
    VIN 2301: Performance 85 ● Blue Metallic ● Pano ● 21" Grey Wheels ● Black Leather/CF Interior ● CF Spoiler ● Tech/Sound Packages ● 7.6 kW Solar PV Array

I am on day 11 with "Tesie" as my neighbors....
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for the rundown in your new smile maker.

PM me if your are interested in ever joining our So Cal Tesla meetups.

Quote Originally Posted by mcornwell View Post
    Congrats Pat! I was thinking that I should be seeing your car in the neighborhood now that most of the Sigs have been delivered. I'll look for the red blur going down Alga...

-Mike
    Thanks Mike,

I am having a lot of fun but with the rain lately I didn't realize how hard it is to keep a red car clean. You will see me probably closer to your house than you think. I have been cruising up Alicante as part of my track to take friends for rides. (Of course never going over the speed limit.) Let me know if you would like to check out the car.

One other thing I should add to issues which I have seen on the forums before is that the bass in the back speakers is weak whether Dolby is on or off. I thought they had that worked out but apparently not. My expectations for the sound system are much higher than what I am getting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenpace View Post
    @digitaltim: The two workarounds for ambient light buzz is to A) increase screen brightness to 100% or B) turn off the ambient lights. I did (B)--I like the ambient lights, and would ultimately like them fixed, but since it is likely to be a hardware change that will take a while, I can live with them off for now.
    Actually, on my car setting the night screen brightness to anything over 75% stops the ambient lighting buzz. I've got it set to 80%, which is brighter than I'd like, but stops the hum. I like the ambient lighting enough to put up with the slightly too-bright screens at night.
    Roadster 2.0 Sport #502: Fusion Red w/Black, CF accent panels. adjustable suspension, HID upgrade, OVMS module.
    Model S #1299 (Reservation #R433, delivered 12/1/12.) P85, Black with tan leather and obeche wood gloss, 19" wheels, pano roof, tech pkg, sound studio pkg, air suspension, twin chargers
    Model X (Reservation #6034, Reserved 9/30/13)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    Actually, on my car setting the night screen brightness to anything over 75% stops the ambient lighting buzz. I've got it set to 80%, which is brighter than I'd like, but stops the hum. I like the ambient lighting enough to put up with the slightly too-bright screens at night.
    I have my Night set to 25%, and leave Night on full-time. I find it much more to my liking. Day at 100% is insanely bright, IMO.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Does anybody know how the Model S gets auto software updates if you live outside of any cell tower service?

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hcsharp View Post
    Does anybody know how the Model S gets auto software updates if you live outside of any cell tower service?
    Do you drive into an area with a signal on a regular basis? It should download it there. One WiFi is activated, I'd imagine it would use that instead but don't know for certain.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I have been cruising up Alicante as part of my track to take friends for rides. (Of course never going over the speed limit.)
    <Chevy Chase voice = on>
    No, never never...
    </Chevy Chase voice = off>
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Thread Information