Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually smart summon and banish should be part of 12.4 going by Elon tweets
I got ASS 16 months ago.........going by Elon Tweets. 🤣

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 6.48.50 PM.png

My impression too. I have a 2021 Model 3 (delivered at end of 2020) and it doesn't have IR lights for the cabin camera.
Thanks for the clarification, I wonder what the results would be if everyone waited until it was dark and held their phone camera at the cabin camera... would they see these infrared lights? I have noticed them in a bunch of youtube fsd videos flickering away in different models. I tested it myself and wondered what would happen with cabin monitoring if black tape was over those infrared lights...

Reactions: Pdubs
If you use 8 lidars - do you then ditch Vision completely? You probably need fewer than that if you leverage the existing Vision technology.

Wikipedia says that Waymo's lidars cost $7,500 per vehicle in 2017.
No you still NEED Vision/cameras. LiDAR is somewhat similar to Radar and can't "see" things in the human spectrum. For instance it can't read a sign or easily tell a tree trunk from a light pole. LiDAR works in the near IR band so shorter wave length than Radar (so more detail) but longer than human Vision (MUCH less detail).

No you still NEED Vision/cameras. LiDAR is somewhat similar to Radar and can't "see" things in the human spectrum. For instance it can't read a sign or easily tell a tree trunk from a light pole. LiDAR works in the near IR band so shorter wave length than Radar (so more detail) but longer than human Vision (MUCH less detail).
LiDAR also cannot track lane markings, solid white, solid yellow etc… So for all intents and purposes if it were raining hard, or foggy, the car equipped with LiDAR is still not going to do any better than one with vision only.

About damn.......no make that WAY past damn time as in 6 weeks.

For us if offered 24.14.x I would NOT install. We should wait and see what happens with 12.4.x. I bet it will be on 24.9.x (or stay on 24.3.x) and 12.3.6 will be the "new" standard FSDS replacing 11.4.9.
Regardless this will keep the spice flowing with the FSD mileage (on freeway) metrics for another month.

Then maybe NOA/AP v11 needed to keep the spice flowing.

Then after than maybe nothing needed if they are happy with that slope.