Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should i receive phone notifications from sentry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Yes, you should get notifications, but only for Sentry Mode alarm events, the ones that actually trigger the Sentry alarm. Sentry Mode alert events, which happen when people/cars pass by your car, don't notify you in the app.
Tesla will only notify you then the alarm goes off, if you want notifications on all Sentry Mode events you will need the app Sentry Pro. Look it up here: Sentry Pro - For your Tesla
Actually not true. I thought that too. However, my friend today showed me sentry events on his phone that were triggered from people just walking past his car. He got the notification on his phone main screen and was able to simply press the clip to view. No alarm was triggered,,,it’s basically exactly what the car records as events internally. It just started happening a few days ago he said. He has the model Y,,,I have the Model X and still don’t have it on my phone

Upvote 0
Actually not true. I thought that too. However, my friend today showed me sentry events on his phone that were triggered from people just walking past his car. He got the notification on his phone main screen and was able to simply press the clip to view. No alarm was triggered,,,it’s basically exactly what the car records as events internally. It just started happening a few days ago he said. He has the model Y,,,I have the Model X and still don’t have it on my phone
This screenshot is from NotATeslaApp release notes for 2024.14.8. Note: it's says the alarm has to be triggered. My 2022 MSLR has 2024.14.8 in the car and my Android phone has app version 4.33.0. I've noticed a quick access button to view events in the car. However, no notice or any way to view events on the Android phone.

Maybe only iPhone can do this, not Android.

1000031914.jpg

Upvote 0
I saw that too. However, I actually witnessed a sentry clip being recorded and sent to the Iphone without any alarm triggered. Simply somebody walking past my friends car. So I can say from seeing this personally and it does not have to trigger the alarm. I had thought the same thing (would really would have sucked, because as I write this, I’m waiting for my door to be repainted as somebody keyed it! and naturally it did not trigger an alarm)

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Here is a screen show of what showed on his iphone. It matched what was in the car. The event was simply triggered a by somebody driving past the car. No alarms, no nothing,,,,just a basic sentry mode event that you see when you get into your car. He did say that It just started happening like 1 day ago

Attachments

• IMG_5294.jpeg
    IMG_5294.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Here is a screen show of what showed on his iphone. It matched what was in the car. The event was simply triggered a by somebody driving past the car. No alarms, no nothing,,,,just a basic sentry mode event that you see when you get into your car. He did say that It just started happening like 1 day ago
Interesting, it says "sentry has triggered an alarm".

Upvote 0