Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If facebook were smart they would acquire twitter or yelp or snap. They need to own some more social outfits to round out their portfolio and build a stronger position in the world. Not that I think snap is great, but put it under facebook and their sales and tech teams could probably pour some fuel on the fire.

To stay on topic - Tesla will replace FB in FANG -- > TANG

Facebook already tried to acquire Snap. Upon refusal, is trying to destroy them via Instagram stories.

Also, I don't have a particular dislike for Zuck but was funny to see him try and clown on Elon. I mean wtf...

Elon - Going to Mars.
Zuck - Released version 2.0 of Myspace.

cvzccbgq03az.jpg

True.

Also, I have not seen evidence that Zuckerberg is able to pivot/expand into other business ventures the way Musk/Jobs/Bezos/Page/Brin have. When he has done so he's mostly failed, and kind of just milked the FB model even harder. He really seems like a one trick pony, unlike the others above who have been able to identify and exploit new ventures for their businesses multiple times.
I suspect he's just be riding a tiger pretty much since Facebook took off. He's not really important to FB other than that if he left, perhaps the stock would tank by association. But it's the actual engineers and marketing and so on that are keeping the lights on. Other than the emotional selloff that would happen if he left, FB is probably better off without him.

True.

Also, I have not seen evidence that Zuckerberg is able to pivot/expand into other business ventures the way Musk/Jobs/Bezos/Page/Brin have. When he has done so he's mostly failed, and kind of just milked the FB model even harder. He really seems like a one trick pony, unlike the others above who have been able to identify and exploit new ventures for their businesses multiple times.

Monetization of Instagram and Messaging along with FaceBook for Business ... cheers

Monetization of Instagram and Messaging along with FaceBook for Business ... cheers
Monetization of Instagram is already driving people off of Instagram.

Seems to me that Facebook is a self-defeating business. Any way in which they can make money alienates their customers. You might have thought Google would have had the same problem, and they kind of do, but people accept advertising results as one of the results of a search; not so much when they're chatting with friends and associates.

To bring this back around, Tesla's quite the opposite: people accept that cars cost lots of money, so Tesla has plenty of ways to make money.

Surprised I never saw Arnold Schwarzeneggar as one of the suggestions for new board member - or chairperson.

He has inroads to politics... he loves Tesla and was around when they were acquiring the NUMMI factory, he has experience with politics and appears to straddle both sides of the spectrum, and cares deeply about the environment. He could be a new forward-facing entity for the company, allowing Elon to concentrate on what's going on inside. If Elon would want/allow that. He could be present during product launches.

Only downsides I can think of is, he might be too pro-California to be neutral to the company's needs... and also... he is Arnold Schwazeneggar :)

Happy to see the stock held around $330 today. This is only 15% or so off the all-time high. TSLA is in a sideways drifting period until October sales estimates come out.

Does he have market credibility? No.

Are his values in line with Tesla vision. May be.

I think the best gets are the below. Any of these will completely wreck shorts. I guess the chances are low, though. May be just getting them on the board itself will be good.

- Bill Gates
- Warren Buffet
- Jeff Bezos
- Tim Cook
- Larry Page
- Reed Hastings

• Disagree
Reactions: CalDreamin and tlo

Facebook for business is only as good as the Facebook user base itself is, If the younger users don't use it, it's not useful for marketing to younger users.

Messaging can't be that monetized... Unless you use AI to read people's messages and harvest data from it, which is a good way to eventually lose all your users.

Instagram has a ceiling with how much it can monetize, and It has no "moat" that can stop users from going somewhere else. VSCO profiles are getting pretty popular with young women, and usually with social media (...and bars or parties, lol), wherever the young women go, everyone else will eventually follow. (That is what made FB so popular in the first place...)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think FB is going to disappear, I just don't think it has much growth left, and that any potential surprises would be more to the downside.

While technically okay, this is the kind of thing Wall St doesn't like. Probably SEC too. This would essentially be a continuation of the fight instead of looking forward.

Tesla should bring in members and a chairman that has impeccable Wall St credentials and aligns with Tesla's mission. This will reassure the market and SEC. No point giving shorts anymore ammunition.
impeccable Wall St credentials and aligns with Tesla's mission
oxymoron, right??

This should have been how the Feds jump starts the adoption of EV's. Could you imagine how sales would have taken off if allowed the 20mph over posted speed limit? We wouldn't give a flying fig what the range was, how to charge on a trip, what do I pay per kWh? And you wouldn't have to listen to the whining of the heavily subsidized, FF burning, coal rolling, where's my tax credit crowd. Would cost the taxpayer absolutely nothing. Brilliant I say.
It will rejuvenate a song from my paste.
sppedlmt.jpg

I can't drive 55!
(get a BEV)

Can't get enough of this graphs. Looks not natural like something big happened to the world in June .....

DqwpMfpUUAEResF.jpg:large

1 reply24 retweets49 likes
Mostly [ALL?] reservation holders. Didn't take away from other Mid-Luxury - but those buyers not likely to order AND wait to get their car when they can go to the dealer and pick one from the dealer lot, right?? Very interesting to see how these models do H2 of 2019.

Does he have market credibility? No.

Are his values in line with Tesla vision. May be.

I think the best gets are the below. Any of these will completely wreck shorts. I guess the chances are low, though. May be just getting them on the board itself will be good.

- Bill Gates
- Warren Buffet
- Jeff Bezos
- Tim Cook
- Larry Page
- Reed Hastings

they can't get him because he's competition, but the share price would go to 400 immediately if Tim Cook became chairman.

True.

Zuckerberg is very underrated as an entrepreneur tbh. He bought freaking Instagram for $1 billion. This is peanuts compared to the scale it has achieved now. The guy bought Whatsapp as well. Everyone uses whatsapp. Also don't forget Facebook could have ended like Myspace.

People literally spend half their day on apps he owns.

He is a terrific entrepreneur.

He's just playing in field that isn't as impressive as "cars" / " rockets" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.