Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why would you consider this a mistake ?

it will turn out very well over the long term IMHO

Case in point: I remember when all us that were on this thread back then overspent and bought one share at $420 as a joke. Obviously that was $84 post split, so our "joke" netted us $4,380 in profit (even at these levels).

In the interest of letting others learn from my mistakes, rather than just crowing about successes. Purchased some shares at $1000.

This was based on the questions asked and answered on this forum.

Have no idea how it will turn out. Just a marker.

I recommend never buying a stock you have no idea how it will turn out!

I'm confident TSLA will be worth a lot more in just a few years so I don't sweat the small stuff.

But if it doesn't, where's the next mark?
Here is my golden rule for TSLA

35% drop from ATH, go all in. 9/10 times it bounces pretty hard at 35%. Check the charts
50% drop, maybe start adding leverage
65% drop, only happened once and that was during the COVID hysteria

This is all assuming the general trajectory for Tesla hasn’t changed

All of my trading is done from a separate account. I always HODL chairs, but this stonk is so much fun to trade. I mostly write puts when people start whining here. Works like a charm. It’s actually my full time job

This strikes me as just slightly more scientific than numerology on twitter but I do recall some stealth rallies in leading stocks during the quiet of the season, many on low volume.

Lol, I don't think so. :p

They'll want to ride the Lower-BB down as long as Elon's selling lasts. They're still hoping to 'close-the-gap' to Oct 22nd: (that'd be $910.00)

View attachment 743797

Don't worry, it'll be fine. If you got spare cash, that's a nice entry point. Otherwise, Austin, Berlin, and Q4 numbers are coming.

TSLA investors will be fine; TSLA speculators may be bruised. ;)

Cheers!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't many want the line to go to zero? Only thing I can figure is that the buyers kick in at the next goal post as if some arbitrary number in time that was based on data trend analysis over the decades over a broad range of stocks (I assume). I find this oddly applied to Tesla, like using a ruler to measure circumference. And yet this pattern of chasing these goals continues, go figure. Which is chasing which?

Here is my golden rule for TSLA

35% drop from ATH, go all in. 9/10 times it bounces pretty hard at 35%. Check the charts
50% drop, maybe start adding leverage
65% drop, only happened once and that was during the COVID hysteria

This is all assuming the general trajectory for Tesla hasn’t changed

All of my trading is done from a separate account. I always HODL chairs, but this stonk is so much fun to trade. I mostly write puts when people start whining here. Works like a charm. It’s actually my full time job

we’re still a few more days of “is elon selling?” away from 35% off the high

Reactions: Tim S
I dont believe regular people are dumping the stock. This is all hedge funds pushing it down until Elon says he is done selling. We aren't going anywhere but down till P+D or Elon completes his sale. If you want to trade...trade accordingly. This is easy money for Wall Street, sell calls and short the stock.

If you wait until we know that Elon has completed his selling, it will be too late to benefit from that news.

Well, this certainly bears repeating…

It looks like the side airbag deployed but not the front - which makes sense when hit from the rear. But what would most cars do because we know Tesla's deploy the bags as needed based on things as minuscule as how the persons is sitting in the seat. This also bears repeating.

Answer - No one is. This is short term shorting/naked shorting that's have a outsized impact on the stock because hedge funds know that the buyers won't show up until Elon's selling is much closer to being done.
I'm on board with your thought process the last few weeks, but aren't we over-reacting a bit here? I feel like it's times like these where everyone falls back into this idea of share pricing being a pile of money that needs to be rebuilt, rather than just a price where shares cna be bought or sold at one moment in time.

Volume is super low again today, and clearly Elon is selling tons of shares. With the hedge fund shorting, that's the entirety of today's volume. So of course we're down bigly. I don't know how that somehow equates to a dramatic loss as the evil hedgies make their now inevitable path to $910.

This is an open market. People need TSLA shares before year end for a million different reasons. Everyone knew Elon would be selling, so they're front running. You don't think they're gonna turn on a dime and front run the 4Q earnings spike? Now that this pattern is so established, makes sense for that turn to be done now-ish if you ask me. There's 13 trading days left in the year.

Elon doesn't need to stop selling, he's gotta be more than 2/3 done now anyway. The market will take care of this.

It's just open season on the stock now and he's enriching the very hedge funds his hates. His scheduled sells seem to have random intent to prevent hedgies knowing when he's going to sell, but it hasn't mattered. Hedge funds are just front running every week with massive shorting. I don't really put any blame on Elon because after all, the macro environment has changed but at a certain point you gotta stop hurting your own stock/investors.

If true, that's very bullish. Because it's stacking up the future buys. You can't sell a stock without having to cover in the future and I have to think TSLA short sellers have learned this is a company you don't want to let your short positions hang out to dry.

I beginning to think of short sellers as my little financial helpers!