Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What JPOW was probably thinking: "We wanted to raise more but we were scared of more bankruns, so we'll just do the 0.25% and calm people down by saying we're almost done, but in reality, we got way more raises planned!"
Yeah they clearly plan to hammer away with 0.25% hikes

Most Fed members still think the median 2023 rate will be 5.13-5.37, but some moved from the lower end higher and from the higher end even higher. Members figuring a median 2023 rate of 5.63-6.12 went from 2 to 4.

No more questions... mic drop Powell... leave now!!

Based on the -1% drop in US Tech macros over the past 10 min, I presume JPow didn't drop the mic, but instead dropped a turd in the punchbowl as a parting favour? :p

sc.QQQ.10-DayChart.2023-03-22.15-00.png

Full disclosure, what a ride!

I'm back in for 250 chairs. But also bought about $8K in options keeping them below the 240 mark (along with some residual cash just in case). Fed was as expected, but there was no new FUD and I was looking. So I'm ahead on the stocks, lost on the options already but did want some candy before the delivery numbers. I rushed back in after @Papafox reminded me of 200 and 2 attempts at that was enough for me. That's when I started getting emotional again, lol.
No lesson, sorry. Maybe next time, maybe not at all. Was a distraction for sure. :cool:

1679513537817.png

Doesn't seem like he said anything crazy. Bond market continues to tank, vix is still down today.
The market has priced in huge rate cuts this year, and the Fed doesn't see them happening

If the banking issues don't result in sufficient credit tightening to help them with their job of reducing inflation, rates will go higher than currently projected

The current facts are at odds with the market, however long it takes for them to come into alignment

Reactions: CarlS
Full disclosure, what a ride!

I'm back in for 250 chairs. But also bought about $8K in options keeping them below the 240 mark (along with some residual cash just in case). Fed was as expected, but there was no new FUD and I was looking. So I'm ahead on the stocks, lost on the options already but did want some candy before the delivery numbers. I rushed back in after @Papafox reminded me of 200 and 2 attempts at that was enough for me. That's when I started getting emotional again, lol.
No lesson, sorry. Maybe next time, maybe not at all. Was a distraction for sure. :cool:

View attachment 920196
Oh why not. 50 more so all back in then some.

1679514133636.png

Please hold for one more week. Inheritance wending its way to me…

Thank you for your sacrifice. ;)

On the bright side, at least you didn't have to schedule a Colonoscopy.

Edit: Incredibly random and in poor taste once the facts were revealed. Embarrassing to find that humor gets preyed upon by Murphy too on occasion.

Last edited:
The market has priced in huge rate cuts this year, and the Fed doesn't see them happening

If the banking issues don't result in sufficient credit tightening to help them with their job of reducing inflation, rates will go higher than currently projected

The current facts are at odds with the market, however long it takes for them to come into alignment
I think you are missing the point of the market pricing in rate cuts. The bond market is currently red because the market is STILL pricing in rate cuts due their disagreement with Jpow who they think will screw up the economy hence forcing him to cut rates. Just like how Jpow was saying inflation is transitory as 10y spikes higher. The market was predicting Jpow to be wrong and eventually raise rates.

So today's bond buy up is brought to you by the market thinking Jpow is wrong, not that he will raise rates higher than expected.

I think you are missing the point of the market pricing in rate cuts. The bond market is currently red because the market is STILL pricing in rate cuts due their disagreement with Jpow who they think will screw up the economy hence forcing him to cut rates. Just like how Jpow was saying inflation is transitory as 10y spikes higher. The market was predicting Jpow to be wrong and eventually raise rates.

So today's bond buy up is brought to you by the market thinking Jpow is wrong, not that he will raise rates higher than expected.
The market is relentlessly optimistic and will remain optimistic until the last possible moment. Only briefly did it ever accept the idea of higher rates for longer, and then it immediately flipped into the extreme opposite at the first perceived opportunity.

I think the only thing that will result in rate cuts this year is the economy cratering and it showing in the data

• Helpful
Reactions: oldTAVguy
The market is relentlessly optimistic and will remain optimistic until the last possible moment. Only briefly did it ever accept the idea of higher rates for longer, and then it immediately flipped into the extreme opposite at the first perceived opportunity.

I think the only thing that will result in rate cuts this year is the economy cratering and it showing in the data
Yes, that's why bond is red along with stocks, they are pricing in a cratering of the economy. The optimistic part was hoping that Jpow wouldn't be so stubborn, but just like his transitory statements, he is sticking to his guns again. Forward looking bro

Thank you for your sacrifice. ;)

On the bright side, at least you didn't have to schedule a Colonoscopy.
All kidding aside, my father died from complications of undiagnosed colon cancer 16 days ago; he lived on his own, with no pain, until we took him to the hospital 12 days before he died. He died in the hospice that he wished to go to. Five weeks ago he told me he had had a great life, no regrets, great job and family. He had 100% of his mental facilities with him the day he died. I pray I have his grace when I’m on my death bed.