Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm doing PPF on the full front end along with the rockers.

For the folks doing or have done PPF, how soon do you guys get it done after delivery? I've seen people take their car directly from delivery to the shop for PPF. I can understand the logic of wanting to get it done sooner than later (minimize wear/tear, avoid rock chips, etc...) but I definitely need some time with the car first :)
I drive mine straight to PPF shop. It’s an hour drive back home for me from the Tesla center that I don’t want to risk lol

Reactions: JezzaE
I want to do mudflaps but I'm a bit worried because the mudflaps on my MYP already scrape the ground, so not sure what will happen with mudflaps on a 3P.
I made my own flaps for my 3 using the universal RallyArmor flaps. They scraped the ground on speed bumps and the like, but were flexible enough such that it didn’t matter. 5 years no issues. Saved my rockers.

I'm doing PPF on the full front end along with the rockers.

For the folks doing or have done PPF, how soon do you guys get it done after delivery? I've seen people take their car directly from delivery to the shop for PPF. I can understand the logic of wanting to get it done sooner than later (minimize wear/tear, avoid rock chips, etc...) but I definitely need some time with the car first :)
I plan to go straight to the Tint/PPF shop and plan to pick it up 2 days later. Those are gonna be a rough couple days but worth it in the end.

So looking at how this is shaping up, it turns out Black interior was the WRONG answer. There I was thinking that it would potentially be quicker than white. I wonder if its a supply issue or a margin situation? Get that $ Tesla!

Congrats to everyone receiving their VINs today! Are there any black interior VINs confirmed? Not seeing anything here or on reddit.

My EDD moved to May 17th to May 31st after being May 26th - June 30th for a while. I wouldn't expect them to move up my EDD if black interiors are set to be delivered later, but you never know. Still hoping for the best!
To clarify I have Stealth Gray / Black Interior and am based in Los Angeles with an order date of 4/25.

My 1st Post:
Ordered on May 1st (Stealth Grey Paint with Black Interior). When I ordered, the delivery ETA was June and now my app shows July 8 - August 19.

What is interesting is Tesla.com now still shows June 2024.
We have very similar situations. Stealth Grey with black interior ordered 5/1 (Cleveland, OH). Initially June and then 7/12-8/23. IDK why site has stayed at June estimate but doesn't seem to be accurate.

Do you know if the RokBlokz splash guards fit the M3 Highland for sure?
I've got the same question so I reached out to the company asking. Their website lists them for Model 3 2017+, but on Amazon they say 2017-2023. I'm inclined to believe they update Amazon more frequently than their website, but who knows. Will post up when I hear back.

I plan to go straight to the Tint/PPF shop and plan to pick it up 2 days later. Those are gonna be a rough couple days but worth it in the end.

So looking at how this is shaping up, it turns out Black interior was the WRONG answer. There I was thinking that it would potentially be quicker than white. I wonder if its a supply issue or a margin situation? Get that $ Tesla!
Any concerns with not being able to identify any issues of the car before the shop takes it when going there directly from delivery?

My hunch is that since Tesla finally started to fulfill delayed LR/SR white interior orders around the same time the M3P released, Tesla decided to also sprinkle in white interior performance orders.

Reactions: MileHighM3P
Yep

soemone else just said they ordered recently when it said June but when they got their EDD it updated to July estimated delivery
Also me; when I go through the design and ordering process on the tesla site it will say June 2024 delivery, but the moment I went through with the order it switched to July

I think the June 2024 delivery date is to get more orders BUT as soon as a customer takes the bait, Tesla informs you other wise.
They got me

Any concerns with not being able to identify any issues of the car before the shop takes it when going there directly from delivery?
For my 2022 MSLR,

I have a weird windshield distortion issue that I don't know 100% if it was present before I had a shop install the tint.
I also had a bit of a paint blemish along a bumper seam (some paint was rubbed off for about 0.5" from the plastic bumper) but since it was directly on a seam, the tesla SC just wiped on some touchup paint. The PPF stopped short of the seam anyway.

I would expect a PPF shop worth their salt to alert you before they cover up something that should be corrected beforehand. They probably should work with you on letting you know there's a problem so you can work it out with Tesla SC