Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone thought about aftermarket parts for the car? I’ve thought about some sort of spoiler/wing for mine.
Really I'll be interested to see what my options for a winter set of wheels will be. I've never had a car with a staggered stance before so I'll have to figure out how hub spacing? works, if I want a square setup, etc.

Really I'll be interested to see what my options for a winter set of wheels will be. I've never had a car with a staggered stance before so I'll have to figure out how hub spacing? works, if I want a square setup, etc.
You definitely want a square setup. Staggered setup tire warranties are usually 50% of a squared setup on top of being constrained by product availability (depending on the size).

I know most aren't into this but I would love if tesla added some driving sounds to the car. Really like what the Ioniq 5N did.
That's like putting a horse crap catcher on a Model T because you miss the good ole days. The electric sound is enough. I am but one man though. Maybe this is something the aftermarket can cash in on. Like those blow off valve speakers?

I know most aren't into this but I would love if tesla added some driving sounds to the car. Really like what the Ioniq 5N did

At least as far as my opinion on this, you are right... Im definitely not into it. BMW got vilified by pumping fake car noises into their ICE cars, and I dont feel this is any different. I want this even less than I want fart noises in my car... and I have driven my model 3 since Dec of 2018 and not once have I activated those, and I dont see that changing in the foreseeable future.

I know most aren't into this but I would love if tesla added some driving sounds to the car. Really like what the Ioniq 5N did
That guy on Top Gear, I think, mentioned this as 'missing' from the M3P review he did.

I kinda find it as a silly reason to 'ding' a review on a vehicle, but then again fake engine noise is important to some.

I do think it's interesting to think that in a decade or three, 'engine noise' could be a thing of the past, limited to 'classics' and the like.

But if they made it an option -why not? The other sounds/sound effects they have are pretty cool, why not engine noise? Options (to me) are always good!

I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of aftermarket ap for that? I mean if Hyundai and other automakers are doing it, surely someone has tried to find a way to cash in on it?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I’m not too familiar with staggered set ups. I’m not even sure if it’s visibly noticeable on the M3P or any car for that matter.
someone needs to do the math with the specs for wheelbase and tires but i would bet that the actual tire hubs are almost exactly aligned. staggered wheels can be achieved by simply increasing the tire length and then increasing the offset by a little

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Spotted two M3P being unloaded on 5/11 in Rocklin, CA.

I put my order in for a white/black M3P yesterday and provided some additional data for the spreadsheet. :)
r4c1xduv2c0d1.jpeg

someone needs to do the math with the specs for wheelbase and tires but i would bet that the actual tire hubs are almost exactly aligned. staggered wheels can be achieved by simply increasing the tire length and then increasing the offset by a little
I have a set of 20x9.0 +35 wheels in a square setup that if my math is correct will work perfectly as efficiency wheels on the new Model 3 Performance. Those wheels have 235/35/20 Hankook iON EVO AS tires on them.

There is one thing that is for sure with the 2024 Model 3 Performance, this isn’t a limited production car. It is absolutely apparent that this is going to be a relatively high volume car considering how incredibly quick it is.

It makes no sense at all to get the LR right now if you can take advantage of the tax credit. With the money you save on the Performance model you buy a set of efficiency wheels and tires to get close to the same range.

Reactions: TehEno