Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it time to dump and run?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine even a solid portion of that $56B being spent on improving Tesla instead of Elon? e.g. less scary FSD, pre Model 3 Customer Service levels, et cetera

Sure he has earned something for his apparent mastery of capitalism, but $56B for 10 years (or $81K a minute per one recent article) is not justifiable imho.

...Hopefully the shareholders have a come to jesus moment, deny Elon the $56b and he ****s off to go do whatever. Then the company has a chance at recovering and becoming something worthwhile.

Can you imagine even a solid portion of that $56B being spent on improving Tesla instead of Elon? e.g. less scary FSD, pre Model 3 Customer Service levels, et cetera

Sure he has earned something for his apparent mastery of capitalism, but $56B for 10 years (or $81K a minute per one recent article) is not justifiable imho.
Honestly I’m not even sure his work was the main contributor to Tesla’s profit at that time. Covid was probably the main factor.

Personally I don’t care what someone’s political affiliation is, as an immigrant from the Soviet Union, I whole heartedly dislike the government. Left, right, center, they’re all crooks in my opinion.
This is the way. Could you imagine making automotive buying decisions based on political opinions? Tesla has what, 100K+ employees. They can't all agree with each other. Like the car, or don't like the car. The rest is just not relevant.

People do it all the time. I imagine all the people here crying about liberal wet dreams would too if the CEO was very vocal about the opposite social views.

When I buy a car, I usually make a list of vehicles that fit my criteria. I then test drive them. Based on the test drives, cost, and other factors I'll choose one and move forward. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You hate Elon why? Is it because he’s not super liberal and coincides with your viewpoints?
Speaking just for me as a LONG time Elon and Tesla fan, it seems to me he has lost his focus on sustainable transportation and is after the new shiny toys, like Twitter and FSD. Both may prove to be good long term bets, but I signed on for sustainable transportation and that no longer seems to be his priority. We are seeing slowdowns, with SuperChargers, Tesla Solar Roof, a more affordable Model 2, new models that would expand Tesla's reach.........

He promised to give billions to end world hunger if the organization could prove that it would. They never did, and so he didn’t. Because he knew it was BS, one time donation of a few billion will not end world hunger. You knew that, yet you still twisted the facts to fit your narrative.

You don’t want to buy products from someone who told you how to vote? I’m guessing that standard only applies when you feel like applying it.

His opinion of a person that you have no connection to has nothing to do with you bothers you? You don’t like being told who to vote for, yet here you are getting your feeling hurt when someone doesn’t vote how you want them to.

Having said that, why are you here? You’ve got a whole bunch of reasons not to own a Tesla so why do you?
Quite the rant. The fact is Musk could have given his money to a number of Orginazations..but he did not. It was another of his publicity stunts.Voting? Musk said he recommend voting for the R party.Look it up on X. My feelings? You know nothing other than your own projection. In an era when Republicans value demonstrating party purity to the base above almost all else, it's safe to assume they will block almost any legislation from the White House and Democrats. I vote my conscience, and that means Dems..R's have no conscience.
I love my M3...and plan on keeping it. I am able to despise the man but love the product..( one that he invested in, he did not invent it)

Reactions: navguy12

Tbh I think this but then I drive my awesome M3 LRwboost and then now waiting for my new M3P and the sheer grin on my face every single drive and for what I paid for it? Priceless to me and to my kids who always wonder why every other car manuf is still stuck in the last century.

Take your 56B man…you revolutionized the auto industry after 100 yrs. And the product speaks for themselves. All that innovation was spearheaded by one man’s dream.

I’m not immune to EM’s antics, bs and his unhinged moves of late…but I also see a man who did the unthinkable. Pay him. Let’s see what he comes up with next. Oh wait …he’s putting mankind on Mars. That other little thing. Wanna see what he’ll earn when SpaceX goes public? 56B will be forgotten.

Last edited:
Quite the rant. The fact is Musk could have given his money to a number of Orginazations..but he did not. It was another of his publicity stunts.Voting? Musk said he recommend voting for the R party.Look it up on X. My feelings? You know nothing other than your own projection. In an era when Republicans value demonstrating party purity to the base above almost all else, it's safe to assume they will block almost any legislation from the White House and Democrats. I vote my conscience, and that means Dems..R's have no conscience.
I love my M3...and plan on keeping it. I am able to despise the man but love the product..( one that he invested in, he did not invent it)
Not a rant, sorry I used too many words for your liking.
Also I said it earlier, I hate the government overall, both sides. Don’t care if you vote blue or red.

And you’re right, people should purchase products based on the product, don’t let corporations emotionally manipulate you into buying their product.

People do it all the time. I imagine all the people here crying about liberal wet dreams would too if the CEO was very vocal about the opposite social views.
I own a ton of Nike products and they’re extremely woke. And guess what, I have no clue who their ceo even is. I don’t get emotionally invested in corporations. Tesla included.

You don't have to be super liberal to hate Elon. I have a Confederate flag in my front yard, love Trump, hate minorities and Elon
IMG_0322.gif

This thread has now turned goofy, and with that I’m out.

@mswlogo just my final 2 cents, I would stick with Tesla, at least for now. In a few years when more automakers adopt teslas charging standard, I think that’s when you’re really going to see some serious MS competitors.
If the bmw i7 was compatible with teslas superchargers (not just magic docks) I would have most likely went with the i7.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Status
Not open for further replies.