Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why so? The person behind you should see you can't safely make the turn. Why would they honk and try to force you to drive beyond your ability or safety limits? On the other hand, ignore them and drive within your safe abilities. It's only in the movies that the impatient driver behind you will get out of their car with sledge hammer.
You’ve obviously never driven a car in Florida. Except they don’t use sledgehammers, they use guns.

Yep, sure enough recalibrating the cameras made a world of difference. It feels like a completely different system and is now very usable. It did take a VERY long time for the recalibration for the FSD, probably over 100kms of highway driving.
Unblocked Sir.... Thank you for taking @Twiglett 's advice. It has been said many times in these threads for years. How can someone have such a huge difference with the same software? It is understandable to have a different location and weather patterns. Those would be the two reasons for a disparity of usefulness. I have rebooted many times, even after the system does with the new software update and have done 3 painful recalibrations, because I was the guy who was questioning everyone else's opinions of the build. Nowadays, I just go with the flow and pretty much agree with everyone.... /s

Why so? The person behind you should see you can't safely make the turn. Why would they honk and try to force you to drive beyond your ability or safety limits? On the other hand, ignore them and drive within your safe abilities. It's only in the movies that the impatient driver behind you will get out of their car with sledge hammer.
No, they want you to give way so they can turn right. Usually happens when getting out of shopping malls and most people end up turning right.

Calibration and/or dirt or built-up haze, which is my hobby horse based on experience.
Everyone should also, while in park, pull up the front cameras, I believe in service mode. To see if they need to be cleaned. Especially the wide view camera.
That thing looked disgusting one time. I had mobile service coming to replace some antenna in there and asked him to clean the cameras and the housing.
He did it at no charge. Flipped him a $20, and went back to driving. Probably why my car drives better than yours, and brings all the boys to the yard....

Came across an interesting situation on 12.3.6.

Forgive my amateur graphics. I'm on FSD northbound (green car) at the below on a 35 MPH road approaching a line of stopped cars at a stoplight. The red car in the business parking lot is signaling to turn left in front of me southbound but is waiting on other southbound traffic to clear. Without intervention, FSD v11 would have pulled up the leading cars bumper blocking his path. FSD v12 actually completely stopped short to allow room for him to pull out in front of me, then creeped forward after he turned.

Nice..

View attachment 1046448si
I had the exact same experience a few days ago . Was very surprised by the behavior. On the flip side, I had something similar where traffic was backed up and was impeding on a traffic light. The car stopped to ensure it would not contribute to a potential grid lock, but when the traffic started flowing it took quite a bit of time for the car to proceed forward. So much so that 3-5 cars were able to make a right on red and start the backup process all
Over again. The cars behind me were not happy to say the least.

Getting better, but not perfect.

School zone ia now working on FSDs!!
Sorta - mine's been recognizing the sign below, but it can't figure out if children are present or not so it always slows down to 30 MPH.
Glad it's working for you but until the states have more consistent and less ambiguous signage I'm afraid it will. remain an issue. :/
1715639343654.png

Last edited:
Sorta - mine's been recognizing the sign below, but it can't figure out if children are present or not so it always slows down to 30 MPH.
Glad it's working for you but until the states have more consistent and less ambiguous signage I'm afraid it will. remain an issue. :/
View attachment 1046873
Thankfully we don’t have conditional speed limits. If it is blinking it is 20mph.

Was the camera blocked? CAN defeat device?

You know, if you drive off a cliff it will fall too - surely a ban-able offense. :rolleyes:

Say they get the system with 1 accident every 10 million miles as long as the cameras are calibrated but the reliability drops to 1 accident every 1000 miles if they're not calibrated.
I would think that if it can calibrate itself it's not much of a stretch to think they could keep themselves in place.