Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody actually tried to search or tag @ElonJet on twitter? I tried, @ElonJet does come up in suggested usernames, so not shadowbanned.
Screenshot.png

Last edited:
Sure, wow, you got me with a poll (which is full of unknown biases and probaly flawed in more ways than can be counted).

I dont know what the exact number is and neither does your poll…it is a freaking figure of speech. I know for sure i havent meant one parent who thinks this nonsense is any good and i meet alot of ppl.

There is no debate.

If want to debate elon go twitter and have at it.
It is on you to prove that the poll is flawed or biased, but that it why I provided two polls, one that kinda supports your point. But rather than accept that, you immediately move the goal posts to "just a figure of speech". But 99 percent has a general implied meaning of an overwhelming majority, but I do not think that is the case.

Of course if I toss more polls at you, you'll just say "flawed! Flawed!" And we'll get nowhere. There will be no satisfying you.

It’s pretty difficult timing a product’s or a company’s downturn in real-time, but the line from Hemingway comes to mind:

“How did you go bankrupt? Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

I don’t for a moment expect Tesla to literally go bankrupt, I’m merely saying that the impact of Twitter Musk is yet to be felt. Up until ownership he was merely an outspoken billionaire. Now he is a full-fledged political character.

Accumulated ill will might take a couple quarters to fully impact sales.
Perfect analysis.

Elon made the biggest headlines of the biggest German News today, and it was not positive.

I’m waiting any second now for Apple to pull the plug. 40million/quarter lost for Twitter plus the halo effect. Multiply that by the 25 biggest ad clients and it will go downhill fast. Wait until Koguan Leo backs out. Drowning Tesla.
It sounds we have Elon and Peter Thiel taking part in the discussion here sharing a lot of smilies ;)

Dave Chapelle did a brilliant job for the world to see. Diess or Jerome Guillen would be my preferred choice.

0B59881D-4436-4966-9CEB-13D7BA3FB089.jpeg

Last edited:
If I understand it correctly, shadowban works letting find the users and read his tweets, but they have less reach. So it could be shadowbanned.
It's in the teslarati article, if you're shadownbanned, your name wouldn't show up in the search or tag suggestions: "Some users, for their part, had already observed that they were unable to search for or tag Sweeney’s “@ElonJet” account through suggested usernames on Twitter."

Meanwhile, each quarter, Tesla continues to sell out (at a good margin) more and more cars. Hmmm.
I think there are some indications now that Tesla is manufacturing cars faster than it can sell them.

There's tons of inventory on tesla.com and used prices of Teslas have dropped a huge amount in the past 6 months. Wait times for custom orders are basically gone, except for the Model X.

Rumor has it that November orders in the USA are down significantly as well.

Now how much of this reduction in demand is caused by the tax credit coming back in 2023 vs other factors such as the "Twitter overhang", remains to be seen.

I think that Tesla is hoping that the tax credit will boost sales, but I have to wonder if they will need to reduce prices regardless, to juice demand.

14288381-4FC0-4F4C-BE89-F924092B185E.jpeg
This is Trump-level delusional along the lines of the great inauguration crowd lie.

I just watched three different clips of Musk’s appearance onstage with Chappelle and it clearly didn’t go well for him.

Not that there anything particularly shameful about getting booed, but he simply can’t accept even superficial rejection.

BUT THE BEST PART: instead of just sticking to his patently false characterization of the crowd response he has to try to demonize any dissenters to his greatness with an “unhinged leftists” jibe. The fact that he did it a day after he was embarrassed is akin to coming up with a withering response to a cocktail party putdown, only doing it the next day and only to yourself.

This trivial incident merely reinforces the fact that the whole Twitter affair, from cannabis-based bid to QAnon-adjacent new “management,” is fundamentally a cry for attention and approval by a man whose tremendous business successes have failed to give him enough of either.

I think there are some indications now that Tesla is manufacturing cars faster than it can sell them.

There's tons of inventory on tesla.com and used prices of Teslas have dropped a huge amount in the past 6 months. Wait times for custom orders are basically gone, except for the Model X.

Rumor has it that November orders in the USA are down significantly as well.

Now how much of this reduction in demand is caused by the tax credit coming back in 2023 vs other factors such as the "Twitter overhang", remains to be seen.

I think that Tesla is hoping that the tax credit will boost sales, but I have to wonder if they will need to reduce prices regardless, to juice demand.
IMO some buyers may be hanging off due to the prospect of a tax credit.

The long term trend is that prices will be progressively reduced.

Some buyers will prefer a vechicle other than a Tesla for lots of reasons.

The quality of the the vechicles and the charging network is a selling point.

The supply / demand equation is hard to judge.

How many people that don't want to buy a Tesla will buy an ICE?

Aside from Tesla and BYD other car makers may struggle to ramp volumes fast enough to fill in the increasing demand for EVs.

If you are selling your Tesla becuase of Elon, what car are you buying?

View attachment 884391This is Trump-level delusional along the lines of the great inauguration crowd lie.

I just watched three different clips of Musk’s appearance onstage with Chappelle and it clearly didn’t go well for him.

Not that there anything particularly shameful about getting booed, but he simply can’t accept even superficial rejection.

BUT THE BEST PART: instead of just sticking to his patently false characterization of the crowd response he has to try to demonize any dissenters to his greatness with an “unhinged leftists” jibe. The fact that he did it a day after he was embarrassed is akin to coming up with a withering response to a cocktail party putdown, only doing it the next day and only to yourself.

This trivial incident merely reinforces the fact that the whole Twitter affair, from cannabis-based bid to QAnon-adjacent new “management,” is fundamentally a cry for attention and approval by a man whose tremendous business successes have failed to give him enough of either.
Posted Elon Musk - repeating in spoiler for ease - first hand report

First-hand report from Emmet Peppers who was at the gig. Initially "whole crowd was so ecstatic I mean I was happy but everyone around me in the whole crowd was just like cheering and whistling it was just like pure Euphoria", then 10% approx/max booing after Dave introduced Elon as being world's richest man & egged on booing members of crowd (continuing style/theme of past 90 minutes of Dave Chappelle's gig) . Perhaps anyone believing hatestream media should reassess their information source biases.

um after a few minutes in the first minute or so the whole crowd was so ecstatic I mean I was happy but everyone
2:01
around me in the whole crowd was just like cheering and whistling it was just like pure Euphoria
like I couldn't hear
2:06
any booze in that first minute I don't know if you looked at the video people shared a video you weren't allowed to have cameras they were very strict about
2:12
that that's why I was so slow getting in they made everyone put their cameras in like this locked bag
2:17
they give you like the special pouch to put your phones in and they lock it with
2:23
some special magnet that you can only unlock it when you come out of the thing and they say like signs if you see any
2:28
phones we take it from you and we kick kick you out and so most people adhere to that but I guess there was like a
2:34
couple of YouTubers out of the 20 000 people that you know they made there's some videos that have come out today and
2:40
surfaced but it was against the venues um you know security measures or whatever and so anyway so everyone was
2:48
excited and there was a couple videos that showed and you can see on the video when you watch it the first minute or so everyone's cheering I hardly hear any
2:54
booze I don't hear any booze but Dave Chappelle kind of like brings it out you know he's he's the one who's kind of
3:01
like draws it out and is like oh those are you Boeing too huh and like you could tell he's just trying to egg them
3:06
on and make fun of them and then the few booers like the 10 or 20 of the credit was much quieter the booing versus everyone cheering before that you know
3:13
start booing and it was from a section like maybe the other side of the stadium or something not close to me no one in
3:20
my vicinity of the 100 people around me were booing
that I could tell at all um but there was like a certain area
3:26
where there was a some booze coming from maybe and he was just kind of egging them on and messing with them he was
3:31
messing with the crowd a lot like leading up to that for the hour and a half of his routine
leading up to that

What’s the original meaning of the xpression “follow the white rabbit”?

Hard to assume that Elon didn’t know it’s a QAnon indicator and the fact it follows the Fauci, anti-vax, pedophile, anti-woke Tweets, well…
I didn't know. Bad use is in one sentence in the Wikipedia entry. A lot more references to other uses in popular culture, Matrix film, music & the like.

I've used the phrase since childhood as have many others - it's in common use. It's from Alice in Wonderland. Temporary use by a bunch of [perjorative term] in one small part of the world shouldn't mean that native English speakers shouldn't use it. It too will pass.

Have you any knowledge whereof you write, and have something to contribute to this discussion, or are you the model of the one who opened his mouth and removed all doubt?
Despite no information to answer your question, were I to defend his position I would mention repeated Bolsonaristas blocking traffic, burning busses etc. Those things do happen now and attract instantly-produced videos, often cropped to maximize the mayhem for the uninformed. I have witnessed none of those myself, nor has anyone I know.

We do live in a post-pandemic world that somehow acts to accentuate extremist sentiments and present only the most salacious versions of reality. My former neighbors in Southern France have shown me a few examples. Here at TMC many of us seem obsessed and frustrated with this sort of event in TSLA would, of course exacerbated by the propensity of our erstwhile hero to utter provocative pronouncements that he may believe, but tend to drive traffic for his current activities.

All of this has clearly drawn many TSLAphiles to question their loyalties, driven by their inability to see TSLA behaving as share prices do; change. The truly dismaying part of this is the sentiment that @NicoV tries valiantly to fight, pointing out correctly that all this idiocy is centered among the US-centric Social Media addicts, more specifically among those who have had recent margin calls.

In this typically verbose response I plead for all of us to use common sense to question extremist views of our investments and focus relentlessly on actual facts.

To that end, returning to Brazil, with a fact or two. In my small area of Rio de Janeiro there are at least five Tesla, one new Model Y lives in the building housing my nephew's restaurant, a new Model S Plaid lives on my block (with a menagerie of high end cars) and so on. Many people know of Tesla, it seems. Nobody cares about Elon politics, but most of my family lives to watch SpaceX launches and the teenagers are all enamored by the games.

That is only to emphasize that obsession over Tweets reflects birdbrain-style behavior, in my opinion.

While I do believe that Musk’s overt anti woke left politics will cost Tesla millions of potential customers (and if you disagree with that, just wait for 2024 when Musk is one of DeSantis biggest supporters), it still comes down to what is a reasonable discount for future demand concerns.

Whether those concerns are based on competition coming, new disruptive technology, recessions or boycotts of all things Musk, it’s all very speculative.

Meanwhile, each quarter, Tesla continues to sell out (at a good margin) more and more cars. Hmmm.

Should there be some discount to future earnings potential because of potential future reduction of demand? Absolutely.

Should that discount be as large as the SP currently implies? Absolutely not.
What kind of CEO poisons demand for their company’s products. It’s unacceptable. BOD needs to relieve him of his duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.