Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tom Fitton is an editor of Judicial Watch, which, in addition to advertising on Breitbart, is also a big fan of the argument that climate change is a hoax. They are not just dabblers in that, according to his wiki entry, they are actually suing some scientists in an attempt to get emails which they hope will show that said client scientists know climate change is a hoax but just haven't let all of us in on the gag.

So, what does everyone think about Elon responding to, of all people, this guy:

1. Elon doesn't really know who he is.
2. Elon doesn't care who he is, he just posted a nice swipe at Biden so that's good enough.
3. Elon knows who he is, but battling the WMV is more important than a guy who is against everything not one, but two companies Elon also owns are trying to address.
4. Oh, and 4, Elon didn't even bother actually reading whether it was Fitton, or Fruiton, or Figgen, its not how Elon rolls after a blunt or three.
5. What is really going on is the whole "accelerate the change to sustainable energy" is the actual joke, those of us who believed in it are suckers, and the real problem is the Babylon Bee got banned for the meanest swipe at an arguably, barely public figure one could think of, that only someone who is into making fun of trans people would find funny.

I vote for either 1 or 4. I may be too optimistic and its really 2, 3, or (ugh) 5.

I'd vote for 3, but probably a combo of 2 and 3. He has explicitly said that fighting WMV is more important than anything else

The report is SBF funneled millions possibly billions to Democrats.

I can only find $26,100 to Republicans by Alameda Research
Possibly Billions. Lol. Billions !!!! any source for that ?

Yes woosh I guess.

Can you explain it to me more? Are you categorically dismissing statistics as a source of knowledge about the world? Do you have a problem with the usage of California sales data as a measure of Tesla’s demand, especially amongst the demographic we are concerned about? Are you implying I was being deliberately misleading?

Not misleading, but like that wiki article, we can all find statistics to try to "prove" our position.

My point was simply that a lot of times, people like to quote some numbers and think they are geniuses because they have "statistics" to back it up. I think you were the one who posted a chart about Amazon and Tesla (correct me if I'm wrong) and Tesla did so great because you generated this nice chart saying look, Tesla didn't do that bad because Amazon and Meta did worst. I then replied maybe you should have compared it with Enphase instead (see how I can say wow, that chart was horrid...even compared to the Dow or S&P which anyone can buy).

In your original reply to me, you first stated that only 2 brands had higher Q3 numbers vs. Q2. I posted Lucid and now, you dismiss them as being tiny. Ford's EV division had great growth over Q2 and Q3, but now, you point out that oh, it's not a whole brand, but when it's Lucid, they're just too tiny so let's dismiss them now.

You see how with statistics or pretty much any numbers, people can make anything looks good and it's all silly talk to me. My own feeling is we'll see where this all ends up in 1 or 5 years. Will Twitter be a monster social media platform after that time?

Will Tesla still be as dominant and in 1 year, 5 years, will an investment in Tesla be better than say, other EV companies or is it better to just buy say the S&P or the Dow or Nasdaq? Clearly, the past year has been horrid for Tesla as an investor, but this could be a temporarily setback. I'm not short or long the stock.

I clearly don't know, but am not going to spout or post statistics that it's clearly better. People just LOVE LOVE LOVE posting some statistic which supports their case, but someone else can post some other statistic that's against it. I'm sure we can find tons (like in China probably) of slower demand/production needed there if we wanted. Fact is Tesla is cutting prices right now by $3750 because customers are delaying purchases. If demand is insane, like say the F150 EV Lightning, I think people are happy to not pay ADM if there was even an F150 available on a lot.

At the end of the day, I simply think Tesla's have been around a long time, I'll state again that I'm not going to take anything away from Elon and how much he has contributed, but the competition is catching up IMO (again, that's all IMO), plenty of other EVs are pretty decent, not everyone needs to supercharge or take long trips (their #1 advantage IMO). Not everyone cares for software updates nor FSD.

There was a WSJ article if Tesla can do what Apple did and make their whole cars an ecosystem with full self driving (total waste of $$ IMO for $15k) and can get more $$ from folks like apple did with their appstore, but I have reservations on if that can happen for a car platform. I personally like spending as little time in my car as I can and like having Android auto or Apple carplay, like having 360 cameras, like not having to press a button to simply open the glove box, but that's me.

Did he say this specifically about his child or are you paraphrasing? Proof please or this is misinformation.

One of Elon Musk’s children has filed a petition for a name change, declaring that “I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form.”​
The 18-year-old—whose full new name we are withholding for privacy reasons—wants to take on the maiden name of her mother, Justine Musk, who was Elon’s first wife.​
The petition to have her gender officially recognized as female and her name formally changed on a new birth certificate was filed in California Superior Court in April, and there will be a hearing on it later this month.​
...​

Cathy Renna, communications director of the National LGBTQ Task Force, told The Daily Beast that the group “would never approve or condone the outing of a young person because they have famous parents.”​
One would hope this would be a wake-up call to Elon Musk, who has a history of making anti-trans and disrespectful comments particularly about pronoun usage. We hope that she finds support from other family members and knows she has a large community that supports her no matter what,” Renna added.​
But, as we have seen, it seems to have just made him crazier ... :rolleyes:

Insinuation of any wrongdoing is not, by definition, incitement of violence per se. Nobody gets a free pass on acts of violence because someone tweeted something.

Violence in America is actually at its lowest point in decades, with a long-term downward trend that’s been ongoing since it peaked around the early 1990s. We live in one of the least violent times in human history.

I wonder if this is because crime isn't reported as much for multitude of reasons. Like those smash and grabs in the Bay Area, less reported because it's less than $900 and they get let out right away anyways and people feel police might be not that helpful. I see some calls to 911 and cops don't show up for over an hour.

If the goal posts moved from 100 years ago, maybe it's not a fair comparison.

I don't have numbers neither, but one thing that's up is maybe mass shootings from a few decades ago? I've been on this planet/country for a while and certainly don't think we were getting mass shootings as high as it's now.

Reactions: ElectricIAC

One of Elon Musk’s children has filed a petition for a name change, declaring that “I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form.”​
The 18-year-old—whose full new name we are withholding for privacy reasons—wants to take on the maiden name of her mother, Justine Musk, who was Elon’s first wife.​
The petition to have her gender officially recognized as female and her name formally changed on a new birth certificate was filed in California Superior Court in April, and there will be a hearing on it later this month.​
...​

Cathy Renna, communications director of the National LGBTQ Task Force, told The Daily Beast that the group “would never approve or condone the outing of a young person because they have famous parents.”​
One would hope this would be a wake-up call to Elon Musk, who has a history of making anti-trans and disrespectful comments particularly about pronoun usage. We hope that she finds support from other family members and knows she has a large community that supports her no matter what,” Renna added.​
But, as we have seen, it seems to have just made him crazier ... :rolleyes:
Specifically about their child though?

That was a phenomenal response and I wish Elon would learn something from Dr. Fauci.

If he would, this thread could go away and we could be talking about more fun things like FSD, Tesla service, panel gaps and missing fasteners. Or maybe the next exciting Tesla product.

Here's the full quote from the audio:
David Axelrod: So speaking of Musk, what did you think about that tweet this morning?
Dr. Fauci: You know, I'm getting asked by all these people right now today, 'come on the show', and 'how do you respond to Elon Musk?'
Dr. Fauci: I don't respond to him. I don't pay any attention to him because that's merely a distraction. And if you get drawn into that, and I have to be honest, that cesspool of interaction, it's ...
Dr. Fauci: There's no value added to that, David. It doesn't help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.