Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk's birthday June 28th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO, getting him something money can't buy (e.g. all our photos with our cars) I think is the right way to go. If he wanted the book or flowers or whatever, he could just buy them...

This is very true, the man is in a financial position to buy anything he wants, but you cant really put a price on something like the poster of is fans and customers in front of the electric cars that would would not exist without him.

If I were Elon, I think I'd get a lot of pride from something that incorporated hundreds of photos of Tesla families with their cars. Something I could hang in my office or put on display in the factory. Something along the lines of that wall they have that visitors sign with their well-wishes. That's the kind of stuff that gets people out of bed in the morning and back to fighting the good fight.

What kind of cool thing could we do with a bunch of photos of happy Tesla families?

+1 on this one

Might be cool to show him how just far he's come since his childhood dreams of the future -- give a really rare gift of nostalgia that stirs those memories.

According to Wikipedia and various articles/interviews online, at 12 years old Elon had already started to become an entrepreneur/inventor. He created a video game called "Blastar" and sold it for commercial use (for $500). (Certainly not as good as the Paypal sale to eBay but foreshadowing things to come :cool: )

I've read that Blastar was created for video game play on the old school Commodore. It would be pretty cool to repackage an old video game cartridge in a really luxurious new box that says something along the lines of "You've come a long way since creating Blastar... Happy Birthday Elon!" -- does anyone have a copy of this original video game? It's been very difficult to locate information about the video game and find one for sale. Seems to be super-rare.

And, is this it?
Blastar - Commodore Amiga - Games Database

Nope, can't be. Elon was 12 back in 1983 - not 1993. Even if the date in that site is wrong, the first Amiga didn't come out until 1985 - Elon would have been 14 and too old for that to be his game.

That being said, I LOVE the idea of having presenting Blastar to him as a tribute to his origins. If someone can find a willing seller, my broke college behind would find a way to pitch in a few cents.

How about a petition on that whitehouse website where they agree to respond above a certain limit of signatures.

in this case calling on the Justice department to support a Federal court challenge to state laws restricting direct sales of vehicles as unconstitutional under the dormant commerce clause. A hundred thousand friends signing that would make a nice birthday present.

How about a petition on that whitehouse website where they agree to respond above a certain limit of signatures.

in this case calling on the Justice department to support a Federal court challenge to state laws restricting direct sales of vehicles as unconstitutional under the dormant commerce clause. A hundred thousand friends signing that would make a nice birthday present.

I second that. The original petition didnt get much signatures.

IMO, getting him something money can't buy (e.g. all our photos with our cars) I think is the right way to go. If he wanted the book or flowers or whatever, he could just buy them...

SO, who's going to get this started? I vote for the collage of cars and owners. Maybe with a sign that says "Thanks, Elon", like the Toyota "yes" sign ad.
But someone's got to start this? Where do we send the photos? You'll need a hundred, at least. Anyone want to send them via email to whomever is going to do the final work? I don't have the abilities. Where's TEG when you need him???

I'd go with a book of photos, owners w/families. For the cover, I'd have a mockup Rolling Stones cover, with Elon gracing it. (Because if you watch one of the early videos that doug posted, he laughs and says he wants to be on the cover of the Rolling Stone.)