Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP/FSD related crashes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hundreds of crashes and some deaths linked to driver inattention.
1714342110644.png

In the Warrenton Virginia crash the driver was going 70mph in a 45mph zone. I wonder how that's possible with FSD enabled?

Reactions: DanCar
I wonder how that's possible with FSD enabled?
With FSD v11 (this was July 2023?) you could go very high over the limit. The automatic offset is limited to 30% over the limit. But I think you can dial higher.

I'm not sure exactly what the limit is for this. I assume there's some sort of limit but I've never encountered one. I'll have to try it out I guess? ;)

Just another link to the WaPo empty content hit piece here. I have to say the video of the drunk going the wrong way definitely does not look like AP or FSD is engaged. I would think Tesla has the records of this?

I wonder how that's possible with FSD enabled?

With FSD v11 (this was July 2023?) you could go very high over the limit. The automatic offset is limited to 30% over the limit. But I think you can dial higher.
Seems plausible with v11. Might depend on mapping. Going 70 in a 45 is possible (sometimes) with v12. It depends on the road. I don't know how this worked exactly with v11 but I think (guess) in a more rural area it would not be an issue.

Last edited: