Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - looking for advice on aligning insurance quotes and delivery date.

I’ve just pulled the trigger on a Model 3. I pretty much immediately got a VIN and car reg, with an estimated delivery date of May 14 - May 29. What’s the best advice for arranging insurance at this point? Should I wait until there is a firmer delivery date? Or just go for an estimated date now?

Very keen to push back the insurance date to 21+ days from now to avoid getting stung…
Which one have you ordered?
With your delivery date the likelihood is that yours is going n be RCC Compass which is due in Southampton tomorrow

Mine should be on the MORNING POST. I'm currently scheduled for 7th-22nd June pick up from Dartford. Do you know if you can switch to pick up earlier from Southampton, and if so, how much earlier? MORNING POST is due to dock 29th May.
I never tried to ask in the end, my good wife is away and I have no other way to get down to the docks, but I am happy to wait. Maybe call them up? Or call your local Tesla store and ask them. Let me know how you get on!

My word, salute to you for the wait! What was your order?

My orders a few reply’s up on this thread. I only order a couple of weeks ago and I’ve had an update on the est. delivery date. Strange you haven’t got an est. date? Have Tesla said anything about this?
I ordered a M3LR in white with black interior, no other options. Thought there would be plenty of availability on this.

I received a text on Friday night saying it would be delivered on the 17th May.

I think the lack of communication is because it is a company car through ALD.

See link below that identifies the Morning Post in Shanghai docks, which according to the video narrative it has been loaded up with M3's, in amongst them are many M3P's

Yeah I guess it depends how many are on there that match my selection vs how many got sold in the five days before I placed the order.
As others seem to have regs and narrow dates now I think I might be in for a wait!

Don't think it will be any M3P delivered in May even knowing it what it says on the website.
There's a few M3P on the way to the UK "MORNING POST" which should arrive in Southampton on the 29th of May.
Have you got a VIN or Reg?

Don't think it will be any M3P delivered in May even knowing it what it says on the website.
There's a few M3P on the way to the UK "MORNING POST" which should arrive in Southampton on the 29th of May.
Have you got a VIN or Reg?
I got my reg on the app last week but I had to contact my TA for the VIN on Monday and he subsequently told me I have been matched to a car of my required spec, which I thought would be the case since I've got the VIN and reg. :rolleyes:.
Yeah, I posted the video of the Morning Post in the Shanghai docks. I was just curious if any M3P's were sneaked on to the RCC Compass even though it set sail about 3 weeks before the official announcement ;)

I got my reg on the app last week but I had to contact my TA for the VIN on Monday and he subsequently told me I have been matched to a car of my required spec, which I thought would be the case since I've got the VIN and reg. :rolleyes:.
Yeah, I posted the video of the Morning Post in the Shanghai docks. I was just curious if any M3P's were sneaked on to the RCC Compass even though it set sail about 3 weeks before the official announcement ;)
Not saying that’s impossible but if so they’ll be demo cars I imagine.

Quick question that someone can hopefully help with. We ordered a M3LR in March with expected delivery of 7th-22nd June, on app the reg is showing, we know the VIN but just now everything related to the car order has vanished from the app! Any ideas
Interesting. Just looked and mine has vanished also, probably am issue in their service. I'd not panic yet, probably check tomorrow and it'll be fine.

Update: Still there on the website though.