Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can guys dispel my healthy skepticism by mounting a camera and zooming in your side mirror at 160mph or 190mph 😃.

But I’m glad someone vouches for the S. I’m close to giving up on my MXP which is not glass smooth at 100+ mph though that’s not my main complaint. Maybe I’ll eventually settle on an MSP if Tesla survives as a viable car company by then.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Propofoln
You can guys dispel my healthy skepticism by mounting a camera and zooming in your side mirror at 160mph or 190mph 😃.

But I’m glad someone vouches for the S. I’m close to giving up on my MXP which is not glass smooth at 100+ mph though that’s not my main complaint. Maybe I’ll eventually settle on an MSP if Tesla survives as a viable car company by then.

what's the issue with your MXP?

Service centers botching multiple delivery issues and being tired dealing with them. Whatever you usually read about under bad service experience stories. I’m just tired dealing with them 9 visits and counting. I have a promise for a body shop visit now but I fully expect them not to keep it.

Reactions: Propofoln

Why would you be skeptical of a car that is world renowned as one of earth’s fastest of all time? Iirc it took me <20 seconds to go from a hwy 55-60 mph punch to exceed 190 on a flat road in Mexico somewhere.

Your X carries an extra 600lbs of weight compared to the S with worse aero. It was too ez hitting 190 mph and was still pulling like a freight train. I only stopped because I realized I didn’t deflate my tires as recommended per Tesla.

It’s insane we have this amount of power in a commuter sedan.

I empathize with you regarding the service centers. I swear they hire straight out of high school. It’s the main reason why my MSP will be my first and last Tesla. I canceled my cyberbeast order last month.

Why would you be skeptical of a car that is world renowned as one of earth’s fastest of all time? Iirc it took me <20 seconds to go from a hwy 55-60 mph punch to exceed 190 on a flat road in Mexico somewhere.

Your X carries an extra 600lbs of weight compared to the S with worse aero. It was too ez hitting 190 mph and was still pulling like a freight train. I only stopped because I realized I didn’t deflate my tires as recommended per Tesla.

I empathize with you regarding the service centers. I swear they hire straight out of high school. It’s the main reason why my MSP will be my first and last Tesla. I canceled my cyberbeast order last month.
Plaid isn't pulling like a freight train at 190mph. Not even close to that. But sure, it's not hard to hit 190 with enough room.

While we are on this channel- glass smooth at 190 mph is probably this. They test on the same roads and the MSP camera bounces like crazy in comparison.

There would be a few cars a notch or two below that on the smoothness scale and they still wouldn’t be Teslas.

I’m skeptical of the glass smoothness claim not that it can hit 190mph, also the extra 600lbs have nothing to do with smoothness (that GT probably has close to 600lb on top of the Tesla and it seemed to glide like on oily glass in comparison). Aside from all of that - why am I skeptical? Because it’s Tesla - they don’t know yet how to build cars (that would deserve a “glass smooth” label at least), just look at the title of this thread.

I’m skeptical of the glass smoothness claim not that it can hit 190mph, also the extra 600lbs have nothing to do with smoothness (that GT probably has close to 600lb on top of the Tesla and it seemed to glide like on oily glass in comparison). Aside from all of that - why am I skeptical? Because it’s Tesla - they don’t know yet how to build cars (that would deserve a “glass smooth” label at least), just look at the title of this thread.
Sounds to me your “skepticism” is really rooted in emotional trauma from owning a service center special.

Just like that William from seattle poster who thinks every model s vibrates like his.

You both suffer from Tesla schadenfreude. Dump your 🍋 already Lol

Haha no. It’s reality. Look at the video :). That said 160 to 190mph are serious speeds so not being glass smooth is not a reason to criticize a car at all.

It’s easier said than done to dump it. I need to get Tesla to first fix the issues. Then I’ll consider selling it.

Haha no. It’s reality. Look at the video :). That said 160 to 190mph are serious speeds so not being glass smooth is not a reason to criticize a car at all.

It’s easier said than done to dump it. I need to get Tesla to first fix the issues. Then I’ll consider selling it.

While we are on this channel- glass smooth at 190 mph is probably this. They test on the same roads and the MSP camera bounces like crazy in comparison.

There would be a few cars a notch or two below that on the smoothness scale and they still wouldn’t be Teslas.
Looks like the camera in the MSP video is head mounted while this one is rigidly mounted in the back. Who knows if it’s even the same camera. Hard to really compare. I have no doubt the Bentley is smoother. But I’ve driven other high end cars at high speeds (M cars, AMG, etc) and the high speed smoothness is comparable.

Reactions: byeLT4 and Bull
I drove a demo S LR not over 100mph though. The suspension is OK didn’t impress me. No vibrations to speak off but not smooth either. It’s not the camera mount (though it does help), some vehicles are in a completely different class in smoothness. These claims remind me of the people who claim their X has a perfect finish and body gaps and I am yet to see one after checking every and each new X on a service lot in multiple visits. Objectevity is important.

Here’s another head mount and the GT likely beats that one. You can see the difference with the MS still

Looks like the camera in the MSP video is head mounted while this one is rigidly mounted in the back. Who knows if it’s even the same camera. Hard to really compare. I have no doubt the Bentley is smoother. But I’ve driven other high end cars at high speeds (M cars, AMG, etc) and the high speed smoothness is comparable.
This is what I noticed about the 2 videos also. You can not compare smoothness in videos with different camera mounts (and cameras).

@Milan Djabirov I know from experience how smooth mine is at top speed and I am impressed every time. Have you taken yours up to 190? Or at least >130? You are the first person I have heard that was not impressed with how the car feels at high speed.

Last edited:
This is what I noticed about the 2 videos also. You can not compare smoothness in videos with different camera mounts (and cameras).

I know from experience how smooth mine is at top speed and I am impressed every time. Have you taken yours up to 190? Or at least >130? You are the first person I have heard that was not impressed with how the car feels at high speed.
Quoting wrong person for the last bit? I’ve taken mine upto 160 and was quite impressed with it.