Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should definitely bet on 12.4.

I will bet on whatever you want, as long as we can find a way to ensure (define) that it is actually tested with traffic present.

No one wants to see a bunch of rollers with traffic from just the left and call that a success.

Open to a set of conditions.

FSD 12.4 will fail. FSD 12.5 will fail.

This is too hard a problem for AI; even the first 9 is too hard.

I like the binary approach. I do think that 87.5% is possible. Getting that fourth bit could be epically difficult.

No one could have imagined it would be this hard, given the simplicity of this turn for a human.

I am looking forward to another $10 beer. Paying off FSD incrementally. The level of hubris is extremely high in my vicinity. It wafts around me like a stale fart. Of which there are also many, coincidentally.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
We should definitely bet on 12.4.

I will bet on whatever you want, as long as we can find a way to ensure (define) that it is actually tested with traffic present.

No one wants to see a bunch of rollers with traffic from just the left and call that a success.

Open to a set of conditions.

FSD 12.4 will fail. FSD 12.5 will fail.

This is too hard a problem for AI; even the first 9 is too hard.

I like the binary approach. I do think that 87.5% is possible. Getting that fourth bit could be epically difficult.

No one could have imagined it would be this hard, given the simplicity of this turn for a human.

I am looking forward to another $10 beer. Paying off FSD incrementally. The level of hubris is extremely high in my vicinity. It wafts around me like a stale fart.
Not betting on 12.4.
No way they're going to get it working by next week.

I see almost no advantage for the company that operates that versus, say, one that operates a normal taxi. That is, in both, the driver is working the same amount of time. In one he's in the car, in the other he's in the office.

The only upside I can think of is he can easily switch to a different car if the next customer is far away from the destination of the first rider.

Also, the driver can take a faster bathroom break.

There must be another advantage that justifies the big investment in the tech. Or did they just not think this through?
I'm also having trouble imagining how you could safely drive a car remotely. Anyone who's played a video game over the internet knows input lag is not your friend.

I'm also having trouble imagining how you could safely drive a car remotely. Anyone who's played a video game over the internet knows input lag is not your friend.

The result of the collaboration was showcased at the 2023 Mobile World Congress, where a car was teledriven in our testing center in Tegel (part of the Urban Tech Republic facilities in Berlin) from Barcelona. The data traffic was routed via Sweden and London amounting to a total of about 5000 kms between Barcelona and Berlin.

My theory is some drivers are catching on they can cut off a Tesla because the car will react and let them in, especially if using FSD. Again it could all be in my head, but seems to happen much more often when driving the Tesla vs my F150.
Here is you answer. Many drivers will defer to pick up truck owners simply based on how aggressive they drive.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I had an issue today, truck pulling a boat on a trailer didn’t have any brake lights on his boat trailer

He slowed down pretty fast and my car was coming up on him pretty fast as well, seemed like my car was only judging the distance from his vehicle and not his boat trailer

My car may have slammed brakes once it got close to him but it felt like I was going run right into the back of the trailer, I didn’t feel like it was slowing fast enough so I disengaged

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Seems like the video bitrate is throttled in response to latency. Video games are already low throughput but struggle with latency. Not sure how many milliseconds of delay is acceptable for remote driving. They also mention a Minimal Risk Maneuver to safely guide the car when there is a connectivity issue but never provide details into what that is exactly. Maybe it has some degree of autonomous driving functionality for emergencies.

Reactions: JB47394