Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Will Feel Dated By the Time it Comes Out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dent proof? Yeah we will see about that one, just like the bulletproof glass lol
Get it straight, no one has said dent proof, they hit it with a sledgehammer and then said it was bulletproof to a 9mm pistol. Then they said the GLASS was Armorglass and could withstand being hit with a steel baseball and not breaking, and although it did shatter, it didn't let the heavy projectile into the cabin. That may be why people keep calling the glass bulletproof, but no one at Tesla has ever classified it this way.

You are just contributing to the FUD out there, like Mercedes saying a Semi that can go 500 miles on a charge would break the laws of physics, or all the naysayers who claimed you can't start a new car company in America. Don't be that guy

Reactions: android04
Yes so minimal it could not have a steering wheel, door handles, side mirrors, probably no buttons, little to no interior lights,…
??? No interior lights? No steering wheel? What are you referring to?

Sure, it would be nice if we had gotten to the stage where we don't need side mirrors and eventually steering wheels, but that won't be the initial release of the truck that we should start to see production of this year.

And buttons, there is always the Emergency Flashers button, by law.

Sure, it would be nice if we had gotten to the stage where we don't need side mirrors and eventually steering wheels, but that won't be the initial release of the truck that we should start to see production of this year.

Let me guess, Tesla is the best car you’ve ever “driven” but would rather not have a steering wheel 🤣

My model s and 3 have approaching no interior lighting, the 3 is completely pathetic, I keep a head lamp in the door pockets. Trucks need side mirrors for towing trailers. And steering wheel…

1674680973326.png

I wonder if the early 3's had more lights, I have ambient lights, and pocket lights and ceiling lights, I never have problems finding things in my car in the dark. I do keep a flashlight in the car for outside use, but I have used it maybe 4 times in almost 5 years.

I think the future of cars is going to not need a steering wheel, we are not there yet, like I said despite causing two people to comment on my post. Like in all those Sci-Fi movies where the driver decides it's OK to let the car take over and the wheel pulls into the dash and the seat stretches them out for a long drive. That'll be fun, sadly I am so old that the CT is gonna be the last car.

Reactions: android04
I wonder if the early 3's had more lights, I have ambient lights, and pocket lights and ceiling lights, I never have problems finding things in my car in the dark. I do keep a flashlight in the car for outside use, but I have used it maybe 4 times in almost 5 years.

I think the future of cars is going to not need a steering wheel, we are not there yet, like I said despite causing two people to comment on my post. Like in all those Sci-Fi movies where the driver decides it's OK to let the car take over and the wheel pulls into the dash and the seat stretches them out for a long drive. That'll be fun, sadly I am so old that the CT is gonna be the last car.
I took delivery of my LR AWD 3 Sept 2018. It is very early production, interior lighting is almost non existent, the tiny spot LEDs do almost nothing when it is dark.

I would like to see if the truck would stop the Underwood Extreme Penetrator 9MM round
Heck, My bet is it couldn’t stop a 124g FMJ out of a full size at inside of 25-50m. Everything I’ve read is the CT uses 3mm steel, a 9mm will go through 2mm out to ~100 meters. Most HG steel targets are 8-10mm.

My guess is IF they tested it it was with low recoil HP out of a subcompact/pocket at 20m or so.

Reactions: FLRifleman

They are referring to the relentless cost-cutting that Tesla has been undertaking since the M3 came out. For example, it takes 2 stabs at a screen (for one of which your eyes must leave the road) to open the glovebox. This is taking it too far. My wife's 2018 MS has a good balance IMO. Buttons for the flashers and glovebox plus stalks that have the important stuff (wipers, high beams, drive control, etc) on them. She refuses to get a new MS because the controls on the new ones are harder to use while providing no benefit to the driver. I am willing to deal with these things in return for the awesome power of the Plaid powertrain but Tesla cannot survive on only having me for a customer - they need people like my wife. Unless Tesla reverses this trend then this will be her last Tesla.

In the worst case. Musk can't be normal, so he is likely in underpromise mode now. I expect the problem is supply of next gen electronics in quantity.

Once Tesla delivers a few CTs to real customers the excitement will renew.
Hopefully... The challenge is, by then, prospective truck buyers will have six or more choices. And, the CT wil be the most spartan of the group.

it'll be interesting to see how the race to production capacity goes. Shorts kept saying As soon as the big three start making EVs it'll be over for Tesla. i am sure a lot of people bought Teslas during the last few years of outrageous gas prices as there were just so few other EVs available to purchase at their MSRP

Hopefully... The challenge is, by then, prospective truck buyers will have six or more choices. And, the CT wil be the most spartan of the group.

I think CT will have some clever features that set it apart in more ways than looks. As long as its well differentiated from its competitors I doubt it will be perceived as a low relative value.

Also, it could be the end of the decade before EV pickups are not supply limited. If that's true then the company that can do volume will be the winner.

I think Tesla is just fine with CT and semi. But I feel that their vehicle risk may be not enough car models.

Reactions: jebinc