Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I've been searching the forums and haven;t really seen real life pictures or videos of the new Model 3 Performance. Can anyone direct me to the correct place? I'd also like to see someone showing how everything works without any levers or buttons. I'm a potential new Tesla owner and that concept if very foreign to me
There's also this thread where someone went to one of the showrooms where one of them is on display, for your viewing pleasure!

Hey guys, I've been searching the forums and haven;t really seen real life pictures or videos of the new Model 3 Performance. Can anyone direct me to the correct place? I'd also like to see someone showing how everything works without any levers or buttons. I'm a potential new Tesla owner and that concept if very foreign to me
Welcome! You should visit a showroom where the Model 3 and Y are typically on the floor. One has traditional stalks and the other has none. From those that have switched, they say it only takes a week or so to get used to. This scares a lot of people when Tesla moves the ball forward eg. buttons to open doors, center screen, no vents, but they have all worked out fine.

I ordered a M3P on the day after it went live. Red/black. Like many of you, my estimate was originally May-June and then just June. Today it changed to July 7 - Aug 18.
They sold a ton of these cars in that first day. Probably a ton in just the first hour. It will be crazy how many people will be daily driving a 10 second car now.

You’re really convinced it’s going to be a 10 second car huh 😂
100% yes. I certainly could be wrong but yes I believe this car will do a sub 11.0 1/4 mile 100% stock with everything else optimized.

All of the data I have seen about how they are redistributing the power to the rear motor indicates it will be trapping 125+ mph. That will be good enough for a sub 11 second 1/4 mile.

Now, I don’t think everyone will get a sub 11 second run. I believe this car will still need an optimized battery for max performance. It may even be more susceptible to a cold battery than the old car was.

Reactions: TimTam and Lolo780
100% yes. I certainly could be wrong but yes I believe this car will do a sub 11.0 1/4 mile 100% stock with everything else optimized.

All of the data I have seen about how they are redistributing the power to the rear motor indicates it will be trapping 125+ mph. That will be good enough for a sub 11 second 1/4 mile.

Now, I don’t think everyone will get a sub 11 second run. I believe this car will still need an optimized battery for max performance. It may even be more susceptible to a cold battery than the old car was.
Does Highland - both LR and Performance - still have the same 45-60+ MPH drop off as the 3/Y, or is it like the refreshed S/X where it keeps chugging?

Does Highland - both LR and Performance - still have the same 45-60+ MPH drop off as the 3/Y, or is it like the refreshed S/X where it keeps chugging?
LR still has the same battery and motors but you can’t get the Performance Boost anymore.

New Model 3 Performance has a different rear motor that will rob power from the front motor to max out all that the battery can provide. That max power should hold steady to nearly 100 mph where it will fall off but from a much higher value than before.

Reactions: juliusb
Performance TBD. LR and SR have the same motors and batteries as before. So same drop off.

I think the drop off will be better on the new performance, but still not like the S/X since it's still using an induction motor up front and I believe the same gear ratio.

You’re really convinced it’s going to be a 10 second car huh 😂
Here are two 1/4 mile runs. First is a 2018 P100D and the second is my Model 3 with weight reductions.

Just look how close my car is with P100D even in trap speed. I even beat the P100D to 60 mph despite being about .1 seconds behind in all other places in the race.

The P100D did 11.00 @ 121.32 mph to my 11.17 @ 120.00 mph. Just imagine if the P100D was even quicker off the line and was trapping 125+ mph.

10.99 really isn’t that hard for the new car if everything is optimized in the car.

Edit: for some reason it won’t let me attach anything to this post.

Here are two 1/4 mile runs. First is a 2018 P100D and the second is my Model 3 with weight reductions.

Just look how close my car is with P100D even in trap speed. I even beat the P100D to 60 mph despite being about .1 seconds behind in all other places in the race.

The P100D did 11.00 @ 121.32 mph to my 11.17 @ 120.00 mph. Just imagine if the P100D was even quicker off the line and was trapping 125+ mph.

10.99 really isn’t that hard for the new car if everything is optimized in the car.

Dang! You dropped 0.5sec off the M3P just with weight reductions?!? How much weight did you lose?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
1000077948.jpg

Highland LR, around 95% soc, some preconditioning, 180lb driver.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd

I think you’d be better off trying to do that comparison to a refresh because even the base model S would be trapping 9 miles an hour hour faster

I think you’d be better off trying to do that comparison to a refresh because even the base model S would be trapping 9 miles an hour hour faster
The refresh S traps almost 10 mph faster now and a full 10 mph faster if you got it before this year. The new Model 3 Performance won’t go that fast but it doesn’t need to in order to hit 10s.

For some reason I can’t post pictures here now. Is anyone else having trouble attach images?

Hi, all. New member here, future (soon) Tesla owner. When I build out the M3P on the site, even with white interior, it shows estimated delivery for June (less than a month away). Does that seem to be accurate? Aren't there delays with white interior, or is that only for other models?

I'm in Florida, if that matters. Thanks!