Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AC, you're going to hate the P just like everyone else who has one. Every single day you're going to be saying to yourself, "It's so fast! I wish this car was slower!"

Yeah, that's kind of what swayed me, the potential extra grin factor and sharing that experience with others. I do hope that my wife will feel comfortable driving it. My driving experience was that it is not hard to tame that power. Anyone else have experience there?

AC, you're going to hate the P just like everyone else who has one. Every single day you're going to be saying to yourself, "It's so fast! I wish this car was slower!"

You joke, but as I was driving home this evening, I looked down and was going 97 MPH and hardly noticed it. I kinda do wish the car was slower (okay, not really) and do worry I'm going to end up with some serious tickets.

You joke, but as I was driving home this evening, I looked down and was going 97 MPH and hardly noticed it. I kinda do wish the car was slower (okay, not really) and do worry I'm going to end up with some serious tickets.
Point of clarification: I suspect you "not really" wished the speed limits were higher (to allow your car to flex its muscles) rather than to have your car hobbled.

Probably depends on your usage, what car you're coming from, and what you're looking for. If you're looking for comfort or are coming from a high-end luxury vehicle, I can see the air being a huge selling point. I drove a P85+/air, a S85/coil, and an S60/air, and loved how communicative the S85/coil's suspension was compared to the others. I didn't mind the ride quality hit, because my current car is fast, raw, noisy, and bumpy, and I kind of like it like that. I'm not worried about driveway curbs, because I don't have any, and my current car is low so I'm already trained to be careful about clearance when out and about.

I also went against conventional wisdom and got the 19"s. Despite what you would think, they have a larger contact patch (more rubber on the road) than the 21"s. The main problem, IMO, is that they're saddled with touring all-season rubber. With better rubber I'd expect launches to match 21"s, though the contact patch advantage will be offset in the corners with the larger sidewalls. In exchange you have less concern about wheel damage and, IMO, a lighter, better-looking wheel.

So as you can see, my priority was Performance over most of the other options.

What I'm getting at is, don't listen to what other people say are must-haves. They're not you, they don't know what you're looking for, and at least in some cases are attempting to justify the options they've purchased as being the ideal configuration.

That includes me. Don't listen to me, either. :wink:

Agreed! I am coming from a 1997 Dodge Viper so I figure the standard suspension should be downright cushy for me and the P just adequate for acceleration!

Agreed! I am coming from a 1997 Dodge Viper so I figure the standard suspension should be downright cushy for me and the P just adequate for acceleration!

Will be curious coming from a Viper, and not getting 21" and +, what your thoughts are once you have it for a few weeks.

Hope it will be ready soon! Nice config with the carbon fiber--you're going to like it!