Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YT Vid: AlphaRex Sequential Pro-Series Taillights Smoked Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought Id share and see what the community thinks!

Well seeing as you asked . . .

(and not meant to be a personal comment)

(AND I haven't watched the video)

. . . but it says "Taillights smoked out" in the title

I've seen cars on the road with darker covers over the headlights and tail lights and I wonder why people do this. . . . or why it's even allowed

I've had cars with old hazed over headlights that I polished just so I could see where I was going so I never understood why someone would want to purposely make their headlights dimmer. I'd also like MORE lights at the back just to make sure people behind me knew I was stopping and were consequently less likely to plough in to the back of my car. Personally I think the rule about the rear-ender being totally responsible for the accident should be revered if the rear-endee has done something to make their brake lights less visible ... like when people put a sticker over the third brake light

So, sorry, but that's what I "think". Like I said it's not meant to be a flame - and ass-u-ming that's what the video was about

AlphaRex is a cheap lighting company known to produce garbage products. Which, if you do your research you can find the exact same products under different names on Aliexpress for half the price.

Well seeing as you asked . . .

(and not meant to be a personal comment)

(AND I haven't watched the video)

. . . but it says "Taillights smoked out" in the title

I've seen cars on the road with darker covers over the headlights and tail lights and I wonder why people do this. . . . or why it's even allowed

I've had cars with old hazed over headlights that I polished just so I could see where I was going so I never understood why someone would want to purposely make their headlights dimmer. I'd also like MORE lights at the back just to make sure people behind me knew I was stopping and were consequently less likely to plough in to the back of my car. Personally I think the rule about the rear-ender being totally responsible for the accident should be revered if the rear-endee has done something to make their brake lights less visible ... like when people put a sticker over the third brake light

So, sorry, but that's what I "think". Like I said it's not meant to be a flame - and ass-u-ming that's what the video was about

Should have watched the video. You’d see that even Stevie Wonder could see these lights to stop for, day or night. The smoked out in this case just means the lens isn’t red, the light itself is. The lenses are not dark on these, what so ever. Check the pics. If one can’t see those lights… its time to turn the drivers license in. Haha.

Never a good thing to comment without even seeing exactly what you’re commenting about.

That being said, I do agree. Tinting taillights is a stupid move. Same with headlights.

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg

Last edited:
AlphaRex is a cheap lighting company known to produce garbage products. Which, if you do your research you can find the exact same products under different names on Aliexpress for half the price.

Hard to beat the price tag of “free”, but ok! I’ve never seen a similar light never mind same exact on AliExpress as well. I’ve had a few different AlphaRex lights over the years and never had an issue. To each there own!

Last edited: