Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are supposed to be 1000 Signature models for the US and 1000 for Europe so 2000 total.

I think they will have trouble getting 2,000 of those Signature models sold with $40,000 deposits required and so little info provided on options included and final cost.

I remember when each model year was going to have a limit of 2,000 (40 per week) Roadsters produced. Then it was 1,500 per year (30 per week).
Now they seem to be aiming at 500 per year.

Moral of the story: It is likely not going to be 2,000 Signature cars for the Model S.

I think they will have trouble getting 2,000 of those Signature models sold with $40,000 deposits required and so little info provided on options included and final cost.

I remember when each model year was going to have a limit of 2,000 (40 per week) Roadsters produced. Then it was 1,500 per year (30 per week).
Now they seem to be aiming at 500 per year.

Moral of the story: It is likely not going to be 2,000 Signature cars for the Model S.

While I mostly agree with your Roadster observation I don't agree that it transfers over to the S. Different car, different market, and most importantly, no one outside the car community knows about it yet.

edit to add: The Economy!!

Last edited:
dpeilow said:
~2000 people have paid $5000

That's about 10 million bucks.
But also, about ~100 have paid $40,000.
That's not a shabby 4 million bucks.
So we few who have ordered an Sig S are
also able to help get these cars
on the road. And possibly the Sig owners
are the bigger showoffs. Who knows? Sells
more cars down the road.