Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yacht Floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember that this was an early design and these non-carpet surfaces were implemented in some of the prototypes and test drive cars but Tesla decided to go with carpet. The reason they gave was that the surfaces were getting all scratched up and the dust and dirt were really showing on these surfaces. So I am surprised to hear that there are "new" cars being made with this option as loaners. Strange. My spidey senses is telling me that these are older cars and not a a new option.

I remember that this was an early design and these non-carpet surfaces were implemented in some of the prototypes and test drive cars but Tesla decided to go with carpet. The reason they gave was that the surfaces were getting all scratched up and the dust and dirt were really showing on these surfaces. So I am surprised to hear that there are "new" cars being made with this option as loaners. Strange. My spidey senses is telling me that these are older cars and not a a new option.

This loaner had 800 miles on it, though I can check the vin tomorrow.

You may be missing the fact that there are rubber strips in the floor. I'm driving Menlo Park Loaner P85+ with Yacht Floor option in carbon fiber, and nothing slides around due to the rubber "rails". My car with the normal carpet in this spot has more problems with things sliding around. the new design works great and looks good. (I prefer the obeche wood over the CF, but both are an improvement).

My spidey senses is telling me that these are older cars and not a a new option.

Not older cars. The yacht floor was installed in all the loaner/demo cars that were newly produced or still in production when I had a chance to pick from these cars from my replacement. VIN's in the 13000-15000's

My DS told me that Elon wanted these installed in all demo and media cars.

Not older cars. The yacht floor was installed in all the loaner/demo cars that were newly produced or still in production when I had a chance to pick from these cars from my replacement. VIN's in the 13000-15000's

My DS told me that Elon wanted these installed in all demo and media cars.

Of course Elon would want this because it looks classier than just providing cheap carpet along the bottom. The purpose of this is to show something to those test driving and in the media that is better than what the vehicles actually ship with. This is deceptive.

Someone's spidey sense was correct:

Shop Tesla Gear Yacht Floor

I pulled the pictures just in case they yank the listing at some point.

carbon___1_large.jpg

Piano-Black-01_large.jpg

Obeche-Matte-01_large.jpg

Obeche-Gloss-01_large.jpg

lacewood___1_large.jpg