Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

xcelero.ii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Drivers!

As most of you know the Tesla Model S includes the World's first 17-inch in-dash touch-screen infotainment display.

While I haven't seen it in person, my early impressions are that––while impressive–-the screen maintains a slightly cluttered and pretty aggressive UI.

Here is my blueprint for the iControl Concept. BTW I just liked renaming the display to iControl. A new name suggests, newness. That's all!

The Concept along with before and afters are attached below!

Thanks in advance for the constructive discussion!

Am (xcelero.ii)

[[ Tesla Model S Interior Photo Credit: TEG

Attachments

• Tesla iControl Concept - Pg1.png
    Tesla iControl Concept - Pg1.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Tesla iControl Concept - Pg2.png
    Tesla iControl Concept - Pg2.png
    1 MB · Views: 403
Last edited:
You used my photo in your document. (That's OK!)

Given that my work involves UI design I think I better stay out of this discussion (as much as I would like to get involved...)

You used my photo in your document. (That's OK!)

Given that my work involves UI design I think I better stay out of this discussion (as much as I would like to get involved...)

Hey TEG:

Sorry, I don't even think I realized that. Let me give you photo credit for that! With respect to the UI; anything opinion you would like to share on it's current state?

Hey TEG:
Sorry, I don't even think I realized that. Let me give you photo credit for that! With respect to the UI; anything opinion you would like to share on it's current state?
I don't need credit - just noticed it was my photo - no problem.
All I will say is that I like the UI and I think Tesla is on the right track.

Cool. :smile:

At first glance, the UI reminded me of the Blackberry Storm which isn't my thing. Other than that, I like the thought process behind placement and where controls will appear and so on. I like a very clean, very clear iPhone-like UI, hence my concept.

Attachments

• blackberry_storm.jpg
    blackberry_storm.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 146
@xcelero.ii: Sorry, your concept doesn't appear very different to me. Unless you're referring to the plain black-and-white line art appearance, which I do like since it would be much easier to see at a quick glance. Otherwise, you're using the same buttons in roughly the same locations.