Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World's Greatest Tesla Model S P85D Review Series Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The idea of winning a Tesla is almost enough for me to make a Google account.

Re: the Blackberry review. I just bought a Blackberry a few weeks ago. A BB employee was giving out discount codes in a deals forum I hang out at.

As someone from the neighbouring province to the west, I'm looking forward to the reports from mid-winter.

I lived in Winnipeg for several months, during winter, back in the '80s.

The Norwegian videos about winter are all well and good, but something relating to Canadian Prairie winters I would find more relevant.

^THIS

Just talked to my Tesla Advisor.... Ludicrous mode confirmed - just waiting on local pricing information and installation costs. Minneapolis is the closest dealer to me (even though I'm in Canada) so hoping they can do it there asap. Will postpone the renting a drag strip fun until after it's installed.

Yeah, isn't the Tesla facility situation up here awesome? I get to flip a coin between Vancouver (2100km) and Toronto (3000km). Ha! Turns out Minneapolis is actually closest for me too (only 1500km)

It will be great to get a (reasonably) local perspective on the car. Thanks for doing this!

Why? A before and after upgrade test will be much more exciting than just a test after.

Good point. Mainly, hassle and cost. Not cheap to rent the drag strip for the day and coordinate all that. Plus, there's a decent amount of P85D drag races on youtube already. I figure a new batch with Ludicrous is probably more so what people want.

But we'll see how long it's going to take for my retrofit to get scheduled. If it's going to be months before they can do it, then definitely will do some Insane mode racing before going Ludicrous. Hopefully will get confirmation on price / date today.

Not cheap to rent the drag strip for the day and coordinate all that. Plus, there's a decent amount of P85D drag races on youtube already.

This I have no problem with understanding. Seemed basically like a little "overkill" to create one more - until you talked about upgrading your car.

BUT - now you may be one of the first to be able to really compare "Insane" vs. "Ludicrous" - in the same car, with the same tires/wheels/motor/driver/passenger(s)? on the same track. And THAT may be unique.

Ooohhhh.. exciting news (to me at least! LOL).... took delivery of a 4K camera this week!

@KevinMichaluk Instagram Photo - 4K Cam

Next Tesla video will be coming to y'all in 4K goodness!

PS. Would be nice if we could embed Instagrams in here. It's a pretty straight forward vbulletin plugin to install.

That is a beast of a camera!

I thought you meant you got a GoPro or something.

And the next video up in the review series is now live.... I took my Tesla to the drag strip this past Friday for some INSANE MODE racing action!

Was running up against modified street cars all typically running in the mid to low 11s quarter mile range, so had some good runs. Won all but two (need that ludicrous mode retrofit!). All of the petrol heads there were blown away at how well it hooked up and took off.

Made a fun video below highlighting some of the action. Hope you enjoy it! Once I get the ludicrous mode retrofit will line up a bunch of races against all of the coolest/fastest/exotic street cars I can find (let me know if you have requests!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good video! Thanks.

Just wondering why you'd want to set the regenerative braking to low, though. It seems to me the only thing that would accomplish is putting less energy back into the battery at the end of every run, when you need to slow down. Since I imagine you had no way to charge at the track, and since you were clearly running several times, I'd think every little bit of juice would help, so that you'd want the energy gained from standard regenerative braking after the runs end.

Also this is no big deal, but as I understand it, the energy savings mode you mentioned only affects when the car sleeps.

Last edited: