Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I can make it round trip from the dells on a full charge, it's 85 miles each way to Midwest Drive, Onalaska, wi, so looks like I will be able to keep tabs on this one as well (not as frequently), and it will be even better once Mauston is open, as it would only be 60 each way then.

Looks like a good location. I think Eau Claire will be up first, as the guys doing Madison and Mauston, already have Eau Claire planned on the books weather permitting though. We need to keep a eye on Onalaska though. That will be a Major Cross Country Stepping Stone. I should be able to hit up Madison and Mauston again Thursday. I'll drop a email to the guys doing the Madison/Mauston/Eau Claire build out tonight, see what he says. I was fairly warm this weekend, and I know their working weekends when the weather permits, so possibly they got a bit of a jump on that Mauston.

Well, I can make it round trip from the dells on a full charge, it's 85 miles each way to Midwest Drive, Onalaska, wi, so looks like I will be able to keep tabs on this one as well (not as frequently), and it will be even better once Mauston is open, as it would only be 60 each way then.

Looks like a good location. I think Eau Claire will be up first, as the guys doing Madison and Mauston, already have Eau Claire planned on the books weather permitting though. We need to keep a eye on Onalaska though. That will be a Major Cross Country Stepping Stone. I should be able to hit up Madison and Mauston again Thursday. I'll drop a email to the guys doing the Madison/Mauston/Eau Claire build out tonight, see what he says. I was fairly warm this weekend, and I know their working weekends when the weather permits, so possibly they got a bit of a jump on that Mauston.

I plan on keeping tabs on it also as I'm less than 10 minutes from it. I'm out that way a few times a week anyways for Home Depot and Target runs :tongue: I drove past today but didn't see anything that caught my eye. Seems logical that the stalls will end up in the Sylvan Learning Center parking lot (or very close to it). Side stalls on Home Depot perhaps also. The parking lot for Home Depot is too large anyways, especially the side stalls next to Midwest Dr. You'd also have 24-hour Walmart next door also for those 2am charging sessions :biggrin:

I plan on keeping tabs on it also as I'm less than 10 minutes from it. I'm out that way a few times a week anyways for Home Depot and Target runs :tongue: I drove past today but didn't see anything that caught my eye. Seems logical that the stalls will end up in the Sylvan Learning Center parking lot (or very close to it). Side stalls on Home Depot perhaps also. The parking lot for Home Depot is too large anyways, especially the side stalls next to Midwest Dr. You'd also have 24-hour Walmart next door also for those 2am charging sessions :biggrin:

Ok, emailed the local city planner (on a Sunday no less) and got this information. Staging to start tomorrow (Dec. 2) for the site. Tentatively trying to finish it before the end of year. Location will indeed be adjacent to the Reed Music Studio (see pin on map). Local MTU bus stop also at the spot so you can jump the bus to the Valley View Mall (~ 1 mile away) or go wherever you'd like. I'll keep an eye on the progress. Seems like a good choice for a location. Maybe not as fully ideal as the mall lot, but probably 100% easier to deal with since I believe this is a city owned property.

Screen Shot 2013-12-01 at 11.10.39 AM.png

No, I found this picture on another thread. I think it was taken at the Hawthorne Design studio looking at the refection in the screen.

There is also a picture posted from Elons proposed coast-to-coast trip. Seems to match up at this point from the supercharger locations discovered. Also, interesting update on Teslamotors.com website for the supercharger locations. Notably, coast-to-coast travel completed by winter 2013. Removal of the Green Bay proposed supercharger. And unfortunately no supercharger close to Minneapolis. Here's hoping that they add one somewhere around Minneapolis. Having a supercharger in the larger cities makes it much easier to road trip to them. Madison and Milwaukee will each have one which makes Minneapolis not having one painful (especially because there's a service center in Minneapolis). Perhaps it's time to make a wish list for supercharging locations for Tesla based on the local feedback. So far from this thread, Wisconsin Dells and Minneapolis top the list.

And it appears that Pleasant Prairie will be the Milwaukee Supercharger now. Milwaukee has been removed from all current and future lists. Of course, that could change, but for now. Well, Cost to Coast seems to have come rather quick, they really stepped up their game with this Roll Out. Lets see if they can do North to South now. I need to get to Pensacola Florida, and Plano, Texas.

No Green bay, but it does look like they have added a proposed site in the Manitowoc area for "2014". Makes sense, especially if you are trying to get to Door County or Green bay from the Milwaukee/Chicago area. I always thought the GB site was interesting because it didn't fit the mold of SC between, not at, destinations. Now we just need more hotels and resorts to figure out that they need to add EV chargers, to supplement the camping options, and we are all set!

Stopped by Onalaska tonight. No construction yet but underground line marks are present (tiny flags marking the cables). Too bad it's about to get cold again. :scared:
Also, shows how much I head to that part of town but no more Quiznos. It's now a BA Burrito. So food options are now (walking distance of 5 minutes or less): Walmart, Subway, Mannys (Mexican), Outback, BA Burritos, Buffalo Wild Wings. Fajitas or swordfish at Mannys is my recommendation :biggrin:

Well!!!!! BIGGEST NEWS YET!!! Of course, Full video details coming tonight after upload. Im in Mauston right now, along with the Supercharger Crew, guys from Palo Alto, New York and others. Getting ready to flip on the switch to test each station. About 30 minutes from first test, 15 degrees out, got my front windows rolled down with heat blasting to drain my pack, down to 120 miles and draining. They didnt know im so readialy available, so tgey has a Tesla employee drive up from Chicago in a P85+, almost didnt make it, he had 8 miles left. GTG! Getting in posision now, !

Well!!!!! BIGGEST NEWS YET!!! Of course, Full video details coming tonight after upload. Im in Mauston right now, along with the Supercharger Crew, guys from Palo Alto, New York and others. Getting ready to flip on the switch to test each station. About 30 minutes from first test, 15 degrees out, got my front windows rolled down with heat blasting to drain my pack, down to 120 miles and draining. They didnt know im so readialy available, so tgey has a Tesla employee drive up from Chicago in a P85+, almost didnt make it, he had 8 miles left. GTG! Getting in posision now, !
I have made it to Mauston from Rockford in a 60 kwh. No more long naps in the back of my Model S, and just in time for J in MN's trip!
Please pass along our thanks.

I have made it to Mauston from Rockford in a 60 kwh. No more long naps in the back of my Model S, and just in time for J in MN's trip!
Please pass along our thanks.
I will. Yah, he sc'd in rockford then came here. its dooable in a 60, but at temps below 20 and high winds, not likely unless going 45mph, i barely make it from milwaukee in these temps. Were testing each station right now, chargers set at about 20kW FOR TESTING

Is this the official opening or will there be a ribbon cutting?