Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go:

- - - Updated - - -

There seems to be one major thread for supercharging. "Tesla Supercharging Network" …. as you find out more information and new locations… please post it there also, along with pictures. I think it may make it easier if, along with our regional threads, we post information in the national network thread above for all to view. ….. just a thought...

I'm going to need some help here :) I'm but one man. Heads spinning just trying to keep up with SC's right now. I'm now keeping track and doing visual inspections on Pleasant Prairie, Madison, Mauston, and have now Added Eau Claire to the mix. Thats 277 miles worth, and I only have a tiny lil S60 @_@ Though, loving every minute of it. Don't know what I'm going to do once the SC's going up Lake Michigan start being built! During the summer, checking those would be no problem, as I run my truck up to green bay every other week to pickup more Scooters & Cycles from Propel, but winter, lack of charging makes it insane with the MS. Would need to spend 4-5 hrs charging in GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in La Crosse so if you heard any info on one in the area let me know and I'll check it out. Sounds like Eau Claire is a ways off yet. Maustin I would use if they get it up and going in the next week or two. I'm assuming they show active in the map in the car when it goes live.

Im in La Crosse so if you heard any info on one in the area let me know and I'll check it out. Sounds like Eau Claire is a ways off yet. Maustin I would use if they get it up and going in the next week or two. I'm assuming they show active in the map in the car when it goes live.

Correct, it will show once it is live. Actually, it may take a few days, as they test the system first. It's not until official announcement that it will show on the site. Just rumors for La Crosse right now. Most likely not for a while.

The way it looks, Tesla is building the East/West Corridor, so one can travel from coast to coast. If you look at just Wisconsin Even, Eau Claire, Mauston, Madison, Pleasant Prairie. Cuts straight across. I think once those are up, thats it for WI for a while, until the E/W corridor is complete. Then North/South will be built.

19" Goodyears from Factory. They did "ok", and just "ok". I have a Snow Video uploading right now.

On a bonus side of having a large, flat battery pack right below my car, the radiant heat from the pack melted the snow in my driveway ;)

Looks like you are doing just fine with your Goodyears. And I too have noticed heat from the charging battery pack. But I keep mine in the garage, so no snow has melted underneath my car.

You should be able to see the construction for Pleasant Prairie from the freeway. According to the guys I spoke with, they are not doing the PP install, however, as it hasn't even broken ground yet, most likely will be pushed back until spring.

I called Pleasant Prairie last week. They said the SC will be approximately another 30 days due to "permitting issues."

Given the east to west first, I wouldn't be surprised to see La Crosse and Austin, MN built first. Both are part of I90. Eau Claire is technically a north to south option at least until Wausau and Green Bay are built.

As as for the cold slowing progress, sure it's slower but it shouldn't be a show stopper. Most building in cold weather now is enclosed with some type of shell building and heaters. There shouldn't be any reason they could do this if needed. I think Elon mentioned the trip shooting for March which means the chargers would need to be available anyways (and built in the colder weather).

Curious to see the expansion is only loosely based on the original map published by Tesla. Real world they are going much more dense and accelerating the build out. It seems that they can basically get a SC installed in 2-3 weeks assuming permits and equipment is secured. That's a pretty good turn around time and should assist a quicker buildout.

Ok, was digging a bit and given they are doing Mauston, Madison, Rockford and Worthington, MN along withe rumor of of La Crosse, WI, it seemed more logical that there is a SC in Albert Lee, MN than Austin, MN. This closes the gap more so and also hits I35 N/S along with I90. Worthington, MN to Albert Lee is 117 miles which is more logical of 75-125 radius the SC seem be going in at. So did a little digging and saw in the city notes for Albert Lee there was a reference for a location search for a Tesla SC in the September notes (see: http://www.cityofalbertlea.org/pdfs/09-09-13minutes.pdf) So if this pans out, there should be one in Albert Lee and not (initially) in Austin, MN. This would most likely then also place one in La Crosse, WI which is ~125 miles from Albert Lee and closes the gap to the Mauston charger (~75 miles). Digging on the La Crosse city council website continues as they don't appear to archive via PDF.

Hint: For those of you trying to search archived PDF notes from a specific domain, you can use Google to do it for you. To do this, enter the domain under site: and then the key word search. PDFs are automatically included. Typically these are not included in the site itself's search. So for example, the search for the Albert Lee one is just 'site:cityofalbertlea.org tesla'. Hopefully this can help others uncover unknown locations :smile:

Anyways, so we have for sure now the following:
Minnesota
Worthington, MN - Under construction, almost completed
Albert Lee, MN - Site scoping requested September 2013
Duluth, MN - I've been told that there will be a SC going in a hotel parking lot (owner requested it and was approved)

Wisconsin
Mauston, WI - Under construction, almost completed
Madison, WI - Under construction
Pleasant Praire, WI - Confirmed but construction delayed due logistics
Eau Claire, WI - Confirmed by construction crews but not started yet
La Crosse, WI - Unknown but seems logical on I90 buildout
Wausau, WI - Unknown but rumored
Green Bay, WI - Unknown but rumored

I'll do some more digging and see if I can find anything. Logic seems to point to no more on the East to West route but the gaps and north to south would seem to point to places like Brainerd, Bemidji, St. Cloud, Fargo and probably Sheboygan (just thumb in the air and the SC map currently). Of course all of these are all a ways down the road first.

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 12.57.36 PM.png

Ok, found verification on the La Crosse/Onalaska SC :smile: Bunch of options for amenities depending on where they put it. It's directly off from I90. My guess is next to Outback, Mannys (great Mexican restaurant), Home Depot, Hampton, Walmart and short walking to Buffalo Wild Wings, plus all the stores in the mini strip mall (Cold Stone Creamery plus a bunch of other realtors). I'm pretty stoked since I'll be just a few miles away from it.

A six-unit charging station for TESLA electric cars will be installed on Midwest Drive.

http://www.cityofonalaska.com/vertical/sites/%7BE2D95124-B506-4063-A7E4-C086F6654A75%7D/uploads/CDA_-_11-21-13.pdf