Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wiper blade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You made it home then; everyone happy campers? :)

Well, not all smooth sailing, as described over here in this thread.

I must say that driving the Roadster for 6+ hours just didn't get boring and was a joy every mile of the way. I got some great Tesla Time at a couple of highway rest stops, and got scammed (I later decided) out of $20 by some guy who was "stuck" with a "broken fan belt". At least it was only $20 and I wasn't mugged or shot at.

Overall for the trip I'd give Tesla Motors a score of 10/10, My family's patience 10/10, charging infrastructure 1/10 or maybe 2/10. The $750 J1772 cable certainly feels like a waste of money given the problems I had with the Clipper Creek charging station - even if the hotel says it will work, we probably won't even try again since it's only 30A and they have no way to test it (and they -- and Clipper Creek -- told me it would "absolutely certainly work" when I asked before, and it didn't) <sigh> ...

Mine was useless also. I complained to my service chap and Tesla sent me a replacement as a gesture of goodwill :) It works a treat. Looks a bit more spindly but added bonus of being less bulky and lighter. It says "Compact Revolution Valeo R65" on the box.

PIAA Super Silicon Wiper Blade

It started raining today and I got to use some new ICON 426A's - no more skipping or squealing! Thanks everyone!

Augie

I know that this is an old thread but I thought I would update. Following the recommendations above, I had been running a Bosch 26A ICON wiper blade but when I took the Roadster in for its last service, Tesla replaced the Bosch with a Tesla blade. Sure enough, after about three weeks or so, the Tesla blade starts the annoying chattering as it goes back across the windshield, just like the last Tesla blade that I previously replaced with the Bosch ICON. But, I was never that happy with the Bosch either. Although it did not chatter, it did show signs of not fitting on the wiper arm.

My recollection is that the last time I checked, PIAA blades were not available for the Roadster. Now they are. I got one: PIAA Super Silicon Wiper Blade from Tire Rack.

I could not be happier with the PIAA Super Silicon. No more chattering. I have now used PIAA Super Silicon through several varying rainstorms, snowstorms and such. And, it comes with the correct insert to fit it snugly on the Tesla wiper arm.

The only criticism I can give of the PIAA is that, with its 26" size which is the correct size for the Roadster windshield, when parked on the right side does not contact the windshield for the last two inches or so of the blade. This only occurs when the blade is all the way over to the right, and also all the way over to the left when 1/2 way through its wipe cycle. If I did not look for for the lack of contact, I would not notice it as the blade makes full contact with the windshield for everything but for the the first and last 10 degrees of going through the cycle. But if this will annoy you, then the PIAA is probably not the blade for you.

For the RIAA blade, which if the adapters is the right one for the Roadster? None of them seem like an especially good fit.
Although when I first went to install it, none of the inserts appeared to exactly fit, it turned out that one did, snugly and perfectly. I have now had the PIAA blade on for a month through several significant rainstorms and some snow! It works without any issues.

Tire Rack lists a blade specifically for the Roadster.

Last edited:
Although when I first went to install it, none of the inserts appeared to exactly fit, it turned out that one did, snugly and perfectly. I have now had the PIAA blade on for a month through several significant rainstorms and some snow! It works without any issues.

Tire Rack lists a blade specifically for the Roadster.
I have the wiper blade that Tire Rack lists for the Roadster, the 26" Super Silicone Wiper, Part #95065. The adapter that will fit into the wiper arm on the Roadster seems loose and insecure. None of the others will go in unless I really force it, which seems likely to either become permanently wedged or even damage the hook on the arm.

Below are the choices. Can you tell me which one you used?

PIAA-Wiper-Adapter.jpg

Update 2/23/2014: I agree with John's post below, C3 is the right adapter to use for the Roadster.

Last edited:
I have the wiper blade that Tire Rack lists for the Roadster, the 26" Super Silicone Wiper, Part #95065. The adapter that will fit into the wiper arm on the Roadster seems loose and insecure. None of the others will go in unless I really force it, which seems likely to either become permanently wedged or even damage the hook on the arm.

Below are the choices. Can you tell me which one you used?

PIAA-Wiper-Adapter.jpg

I believe it was the "C3" adapter. I did not have this chart or somehow missed seeing it so I just tried the various adapters.

I am usually pretty good about saving small parts but in this case it appears that I disposed of the unused adapters so I cannot determine which one it is by the process of elimination.

Therefore, I removed the PIAA blade from the arm, removed the adapter, and took photos of it. Here are those photos. The first three are the adapter. The fourth and fifth are the wiper blade once again on the car although these do not show much. It was fairly easy to remove and re-install the adapter, and the blade once again fits snugly on the wiper arm:

Wiper Blade Insert 3.jpg

Wiper Blade Insert 1.jpg

Wiper Blade Insert 2.jpg

Wiper Blade Insert 5.jpg

Wiper Blade Insert 4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi John,

Thanks for following up. I just tried C3 again and this time it slid in far enough for the little tab to click and lock into place. The one I had used previously looked like it was the right length, but it was actually a bit too long to click in. I suspect my various attempts loosened up the wiper arm U just enough that C3 would slide in.

I bought the PIAA Super Silicone wiper blade from Tire Rack as recommended by someone previously. I also ordered a pair for my Mini Cooper S (work car). They arrived yesterday and were seriously damaged. All three packages were beat up (plastic broken in more than one place) and loose (separated from the backing). One of the Mini wipers was bent into a V shape with the back flattened. (They are hard steel and very rigid.) It must have taken 200-300 pounds pressure to create that shape. The Tesla blade was also bent. The curious part: The shipping box had no damage at all! I'm convinced these wiper blades were shipped like this. I called customer service. She was not interested in the story, just offered to send new parts. I asked for a refund which she approved. They don't want the parts back. strange

I just got my PIAA SuperSilicon from TireRacks also and they arrive in good shape in 3 days.
I ordered two models because shipping is so expensive to Canada that I figured I'd make it worth my while!
So, I also bought another model from PIAA and ordered their Si-Tech Flat model.
I'll let you know how this second one fits in spring when I get the car out of storage!

Gonna resurrect this old thread for a quick comment. The local SC took great care of my Model S today, but that's a story for a different time. My wife drove my Roadster instead this AM and noticed the wiper blade was not cleaning the middle of the windshield, so I just decided to replace it. Since my Model S was already in for service, I asked if I could just buy a Roadster wiper blade when I picked up my car.

The local SC had them in stock and wanted to charge $40.88 plus tax.

For a wiper blade? That's crazy. I just had to laugh. I bought one at AutoZone (Bosch ICON 26A) for less than 1/2 the Tesla price.

My roadster was in for an annual service. They replaced the blade, but now it does not clean in the middle of the windshield. Any idea how to fix it myself instead of driving to the SC again?

Which blade did they toss on? The cheap metal one or the nice Bosch with the rubber front?

I'd pull the wiper up off the window and flex the wiperblade, work it and ensure its flexing evenly and returns fine without sticking. I could have settled into a flat spot with the spring.