Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade options for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Helpful
Reactions: Corsair
You want the Bosch ICON 28OE (driver) and 18OE (passenger) wipers. Make sure they are the "OE" version and not the "A" or "B" ones.

Links from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Bosch 28OE ICON Wiper Blade, 28 (Pack of 1): Automotive
Amazon.com: Bosch 18OE ICON Wiper Blade - 18 (Pack of 1): Automotive

Links from the eBay auto parts seller (partsmarvel) I bought from (Amazon was out of stock):
Windshield Wiper Blade Icon Front Left Bosch 28OE | eBay
Windshield Wiper Blade Icon Front Right Bosch 18OE | eBay

Thank you! I think I will get a set as well. The summer time rain storms in FL can be very strong.

Just wanted to say thanks to the contributors in this thread. I purchased the Bosch wipers on Amazon yesterday and they arrived today. It was super easy to install them by following the directions in the Maintenance section of the Model S Manual.

Thanks again!

You want the Bosch ICON 28OE (driver) and 18OE (passenger) wipers. Make sure they are the "OE" version and not the "A" or "B" ones.

Links from Amazon:

Links from the eBay auto parts seller (partsmarvel) I bought from (Amazon was out of stock):

One question: When I go to Amazon, a red message pops up and says these will NOT fit my 2013 Tesla Model S. Why is that?

I always bought Bosch Icons for my retired BMW that fit as well as or better than OEM (also Bosch). Amazon and Bosch both said they wouldn't fit. That's why we have forums with people that try things and share it with others ...

I installed last night the Bosch blades as recommended above. While the blades are much better, I wanted to know if it was "normal" to see some of the lock mechanism of the driver's side blade while driving. In other words, not sure if I have a faulty mechanism, but the wiper does not retract all the way below the "blacked out portion" of the front windshield so you still see some of the top lock mechanism. Let me know if anyone has noticed this on their car irrespective of the blades. . . Thanks.

I installed last night the Bosch blades as recommended above. While the blades are much better, I wanted to know if it was "normal" to see some of the lock mechanism of the driver's side blade while driving. In other words, not sure if I have a faulty mechanism, but the wiper does not retract all the way below the "blacked out portion" of the front windshield so you still see some of the top lock mechanism. Let me know if anyone has noticed this on their car irrespective of the blades. . . Thanks.

I have this condition with the stock wipers if they park when the window glass is not completely wet. When it's wet, and presumably more slippery, I find my wipers will park down lower into the cowl. If they don't and I can see the mechanism from the driver's seat, I find I can push it down a bit when I get out of the car. My other trick is to use the washers then re-park them.

I had wondered about this after swapping for the Bosch wipers, but then I got a service loaner the other day, brand new 200 miles on the odometer, and it did it too. So clearly it's normal to see a little of the driver's side locking mechanism sticking up above the hood line. Funny I never noticed it before either.

To bump the thread a bit, I thought I would mention a cheap wiper option I came across. Costco is currently selling Goodyear Hybrid wiper blades for just $5 each! The sale ends at the end of the month. While not the nice looking bracket-less type of blade that the Bosch and OEM blades are like, they do fit and work. Because they are more traditional, they do stick up a little higher and are more visible from inside the car. However, at 1/4 the price of the Bosch blades, I can live with that. :smile:

Just make sure to get the 18 and 28 inch models. If they are out of the 28 inch, then 27 will work as well. Once out of the package, you'll need to remove the standard fitting and install the included adapter (there's two, one on the blade and the other connects to the wiper arm.

Also, they limit you to two blades per visit. So I'll be making several trips there to pick up multiple sets. Thanks to Costco's return policy, you can return the set if you don't like the way they work and put back your previous blades. Here's what they look like on my MS:

IMAG0809.jpg

Reactions: elee888
Wipers worked!

Here in the Seattle area wipers tend to be a big deal :biggrin:. The stock blades weren't getting the job done to my liking so I opted for these which have worked quite well: http://www.boschautoparts.com/WiperBlades/Pages/Icon.aspx

The key is to get the 28OE (driver) and 17OE (passenger). I made the mistake of getting the non-OE version first and it has the wrong type of attachment. Here are handy links to the correct ones:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-28OE-ICON-Wiper-Blade/dp/B005JU61D6
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-17OE-ICON-Wiper-Blade/dp/B00F9VNPC0

Thanks so much for the info. I got the 28" and the 18" and no more smearing!

Links from Amazon:

I took this advice a few weeks back and thank you, thank you, thank you! This has made a WORLD of difference! I used to dread driving in the rain in my Model S and now I have no issues at all. Tesla should switch to these as their OEM parts STAT!

I took this advice a few weeks back and thank you, thank you, thank you! This has made a WORLD of difference! I used to dread driving in the rain in my Model S and now I have no issues at all. Tesla should switch to these as their OEM parts STAT!

Hey, great! Glad it improved things for you. Mine are still going strong, despite getting a lot of use here in drizzly Seattle.

Yeah, I don't know why manufacturers don't put better blades on by default. But at least there's a quick, easy improvement you can do yourself.