Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows KEEP rolling down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,

Is it time to contact service about random windows opening after the car has been parked for a bit? I know it's a relatively common problem but it keeps coming back. When it happens I'll try to reset/calibrate the windows and it generally goes a way for a week or so but it's starting to become annoying. Tonight the back window rolled down while I was shopping during a sleet storm. I really don't know why the back door window would ever roll down as I'm not sure that door or window has been purposely opened in the last two weeks.

HI all,

Is it time to contact service about random windows opening after the car has been parked for a bit? I know it's a relatively common problem but it keeps coming back. When it happens I'll try to reset/calibrate the windows and it generally goes a way for a week or so but it's starting to become annoying. Tonight the back window rolled down while I was shopping during a sleet storm. I really don't know why the back door window would ever roll down as I'm not sure that door or window has been purposely opened in the last two weeks.
I have the exact same issue. The last two days the passenger window rolled itself down a few minutes after I parked it. Today it was the rear passenger side window. Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

Sorry didn't see this. I have a service appointment for this tomorrow, but they are asking for times and dates this has happened (pretty reasonable) and I have not logged them of course. So I'd suggest notating the times and dates of a few of these occurrences and then making a service ticket. I'll update this thread with any results.

Reactions: VT_EE
For me, it was water ingress into the harness connector located in/near the B pillar according to service. The window would randomly go down a bit (the amount when door was opened). If you mark down the times, the tech can look up the vehicle log to help troubleshoot.

Reactions: iloveplywood
see my post above. Window glass was misaligned. Issue no longer appears. Invoice says the tech could not duplicate the issue but he disassembled the door and noticed the window glass was misaligned. It must be easy to verify visually.

By the way, I noticed water leak in the rear hatch/trunk of MY. I am bringing in for service. There is a TSB for that. Go figure…

see my post above. Window glass was misaligned. Issue no longer appears. Invoice says the tech could not duplicate the issue but he disassembled the door and noticed the window glass was misaligned. It must be easy to verify visually.

By the way, I noticed water leak in the rear hatch/trunk of MY. I am bringing in for service. There is a TSB for that. Go figure…
Thank you. I notes your fix so if/when my problem recurs, for my 4th service I can suggest a solution!

Common enough that several of us have posted similar issues. Service fix sounds good, but 3 service visits didn’t eliminate my problem.
Yeah... I don't think you understood the question or my comment. I was merely confirming for him that this is not acceptable or normal. He should get it fixed.

It is also not "common," by any definition of the word and relative to the annual production volume. It is also not "common," by any definition of the word regarding prevalence of similar defects with other auto brands or regarding legal recall laws.

I hope you have a more pleasant end to your week than the day you were having yesterday.