Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

windows accidentally open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A number of times over the last few months I've returned to the car to find a window or two partially open. It's happening when I open/close the driver door. My hand just seems to accidentally press a window button for a moment. I swear I'm just holding the door by the grab handle normally but part of my hand seems to depress a button.

Is this happening to anyone else? It's happening more frequently while wearing gloves.
I wish I could just lock the windows but as the driver it always works.

That's odd, it seems to me it would be pretty difficult to accidentally press the window switches when opening or closing the door. If it keeps happening there is button you can press in the controls section of the mobile app to close all windows.

it's the heel of my hand putting pressure on the buttons when I hold the inside door handle. So weird that it's only me.
That button in the app is how I closed the windows this morning when I looked outside and saw one open ;)

OP I've actually done that myself and caught my hand on the button. I had opened the door already with the handle button but used my hand on the main button area to push it wider open and it was a subconscious movement. Should have left my hand on the grab handle and pushd outward on the door. Had I not caught myself I probably would have wondered why the window was down.