Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the LA Auto Show have a model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if it was the dealers association keeping tesla out, if i were tesla, i'd do a showroom far enough away to detract from the la auto show
This type of thing happens at CES pretty often. While 150K people (including thousands of journalists) converge on Vegas for CES in January, some CE manufacturers -- those who don't want to pay the high booth fees at CES -- rent out suites at nearby hotels and send out private invitations directly to journalists. There are also satellite shows like "Pepcom" -- little mini trade shows in Vegas at the same time, capturing the journalists who are already in town with the promise of free food and drinks. The CEA aren't to happy about this, but it happens.

Tesla could easily invite automotive journalists to a private event one evening at the Hawthorne Design Center while the LA show is going on. That would increase press coverage of the X. But that wouldn't give them exposure to the general public. But honestly, I don't think Tesla needs more exposure to the X, until they can actually start demonstrating that they can deliver the X.