Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's going to the Tesla Owners Weekend on May 14th and 15th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're allowed to share this (or if they talked about it too) but did they talk about where the charge port would be, what standards in the US they'd support?

We actually saw (if I recall correctly... maybe help me here Bob?) a very flexible Model S front bumper that had been molded in one of their IMMs (a test) and I don't recall seeing anything that resembled a charge port (like some recessed area with a support for mounting a socket). They didn't discuss that with us, and like most situations where you're surrounded by people asking questions and being moved from room to room and building to building, I forgot to ask. I'm not planning on buying an S... most of what I was interested in was Roadster details.

Hey guys, what part of "sworn to secrecy" don't you understand?

TEG & Bonnie, we traveled back home on Monday on Hwy 88 in between the storms and only met with wet roads. Our Roadster did just fine other than getting very, very dirty.

I wish I could have just waited until Monday. I left from Truckee around 3pm and got home (75 miles) around 7pm. On the other hand, there were different sag wagons on the road for the Amgen Tour of California, with lots of cameras out, taking pictures of my car. That was entertaining.

As far as the 'sworn to secrecy part', Tesla would not share any truly secret information with the public. It would be naive for any company to expect customers or potential customers to keep their secrets for them. If they don't want it known, don't share it. I suspect they are using these events (and where is MY invitation, dammit!!!?!) to trickle out info and keep the excitement high on the Model S. Rule #1 in media training is to know your message and stay. on. message.

And again, WHERE is MY invitation?? I'm going to sulk about this one. For awhile.

Yeah, I ordered in October '10 too and I'm local! :(

Though this may have been a blessing in disguise. I'm afraid if my wife sees the Model S and isn't able to drive it she'll lock on to how large it is and decide against it. She loves the car from pictures so once the betas are drivable I'll need to just push her into the driver's seat as quickly as possible.