Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seat flaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Just bought my first tesla! It's a used 2022 LR in Black.

It's on 40k miles and everything seems to have held up well.

Two minor issues.
1. Rear seat rattle. Looking around it seems like a common issue. I've logged a service request so we'll see.

2. It has white seats and all of the are perfect except the drivers one. The piping at the front has some sections where the color has come off.

I'm going to ask tesla about this but has anyone else seen this issue? I've attached a photo for reference.

Thanks

Huw

Attachments

• 20240323_172745.jpg
    20240323_172745.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 16
I’d be surprised if you can’t get the blue off, I’ve found denim dye transfer comes off pretty easily. Tesla definitely isn’t going to do anything about the piping damage as a warranty issue.
I've tried baby wipes and someone suggested armourall wipes and even a gentle go with a magic eraser and still nothing. Maybe I'm missing something?

I've contacted an upholsterer to see if they can fix the piping so we'll see.

The material might be worn thin and the color underneath is showing through? For color transfer removal I've had the best success with Gyeon LeatherCleaner Strong and a soft bristle brush to agitate. No matter which product you use, a brush is definitely key.

The material might be worn thin and the color underneath is showing through? For color transfer removal I've had the best success with Gyeon LeatherCleaner Strong and a soft bristle brush to agitate. No matter which product you use, a brush is definitely key.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just ordered some!

I’d be surprised if you can’t get the blue off, I’ve found denim dye transfer comes off pretty easily. Tesla definitely isn’t going to do anything about the piping damage as a warranty issue.
Why do you say that? I understand it can be called wear and tear, but if the cover material isn't up to the normal wear and tear of getting in and out of the vehicle, it should be a warranty issue! If the car is still in warranty I'd expect them to cover it.

but if the cover material isn't up to the normal wear and tear of getting in and out of the vehicle
I don't think there are any indicators or reasons to believe that's true as this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. If we saw lots of reports of this sort of thing you could maybe claim a manufacturing defect after 40,000 miles, but that doesn't seem to be the case.