Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which tire would you choose??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple thread here. I’m ordering new wheels and need a set of tires. I’m between these two options from tire rack. I see a lot of varieties of the P Zero tires. The price point on these close out tires though is hard to ignore. Thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpeg
    IMG_1848.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Simple thread here. I’m ordering new wheels and need a set of tires. I’m between these two options from tire rack. I see a lot of varieties of the P Zero tires. The price point on these close out tires though is hard to ignore. Thoughts??
I did a close out deal on the Pirelli PZ4 tires from Tirerack. I actually liked the PZ4 tires in the size I got(245/40/18).

They were quiet, reasonably efficient, and offered great straightline grip. They didn’t offer good tread life though. They started wearing pretty quickly so I switched to the Hankook iON EVO AS tires for now. I still have the Pirelli tires if I ever decide to go back to a summer tire.

What are your priorities with the tires? What size are you looking at? This are two pretty different tires. One is a Max Performance summer tire. The other is an Ultra High Performance all season. Not really comparable.

Thank you for the inputs thus far. I’m looking to run a 245/35/20. Driving would be spirited at times to and from work. Some on/off ramp fun. Maybe the occasional stop light pulls. Probably won’t see the track. It’s not my daily but I do drive it more than one might think. It won’t see see snow/salt though.

My favs, but have not decided on which to buy next:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Plus AS (I own, might do again))
Hankook ION EVO AS (I’m considering)

Both designed for EVs
I would consider the IONs the latest gen of EV tire tech
Michelins are amazing
Google for reviews and comments

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Thp3