Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Tires are best?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 P100D here. I'm going to service next week to get a wheel alignment. Front passenger side tire is shot due to uneven wear. Should I replace all four tires? The other 3 still have life. Or should I just go for the front two for now? Also which tires should I go for? Pirello P zeros All seasons? Says they're EV Tuned

My go-to for true 4-season weather is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ after trying most all other suitors across many vehicles. If you want the best summer tire... I got no first-hand info for you. If you want the best UHP A/S tire for these cars though, look no further. I was just out ripping around town in basically the same car while others were slipping, sliding and doing dumb ish, probably due to needing new tires to be fair. Tons of info about this tire and many others on this forum so I suggest using the search function if you want more details than that.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
1 Tires 2024 .png2 Tires 2024.png3 Tires 2024.png

Your pics are basically thumbnails and aren't legible.

If it's a screen shot of reviews, I can tell you with 100% certainty that any and all reviews found on tire sites are complete BS. At best, their "winter" category is being rated by a ton of people living in California who never experience even close to a true winter. Without proper consideration for the region in which the tires will be used, these global ratings are about as worthless as can be. I found this out the hard way.

I compared the crap out of them before buying my last non-DWS tire. All of which basically put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ahead of the DWS 06+ in terms of winter handling specifically. Since the tire was nearly 2x more than the DWS I decide that it would be worth the premium to get a tire that was slightly better than my tried and true DWS.

Man, those tires were squirrelly and scary in anything below typical temperatures. Not even talking the subzero temps we're experiencing currently but even anything approaching freezing temps which is far more common. I'm pretty sure they use the same compound from their Pilot Sports and then just cut less aggressive tread patterns for their A/S version.

In my experience, the compound lost it's grip and became hard af making it seem like marbles on glass, even if there wasn't any snow. This cause for a super sketchy trip across I40 in New Mexico where it wasn't even snowy but the cold temps and crappy tire compound made it feel like it was sheet ice on the surface. I've been driving in the Midwest for decades and that was one of the sketchiest experiences. I still can't believe there wasn't even snow on the ground.

I couldn't get those tires off of my car fast enough after that experience. Never again.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray

If it's a screen shot of reviews, I can tell you with 100% certainty that any and all reviews found on tire sites are complete BS. At best, their "winter" category is being rated by a ton of people living in California who never experience even close to a true winter. Without proper consideration for the region in which the tires will be used, these global ratings are about as worthless as can be. I found this out the hard way.

I compared the crap out of them before buying my last non-DWS tire. All of which basically put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ahead of the DWS 06+ in terms of winter handling specifically. Since the tire was nearly 2x more than the DWS I decide that it would be worth the premium to get a tire that was slightly better than my tried and true DWS.

Man, those tires were squirrelly and scary in anything below typical temperatures. Not even talking the subzero temps we're experiencing currently but even anything approaching freezing temps which is far more common. I'm pretty sure they use the same compound from their Pilot Sports and then just cut less aggressive tread patterns for their A/S version.

In my experience, the compound lost it's grip and became hard af making it seem like marbles on glass, even if there wasn't any snow. This cause for a super sketchy trip across I40 in New Mexico where it wasn't even snowy but the cold temps and crappy tire compound made it feel like it was sheet ice on the surface. I've been driving in the Midwest for decades and that was one of the sketchiest experiences. I still can't believe there wasn't even snow on the ground.

I couldn't get those tires off of my car fast enough after that experience. Never again.
1 Tires 2024 .png
2 Tires 2024.png
3 Tires 2024.png

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
You generally get what you pay for with tires, but all of them have compromises. The more expensive brands are often better at minimizing the downsides though. "EV" tires often prioritize range and noise. This lack of rolling resistance may get you a few (10-15?) more miles, but will not brake or hold a corner as well. If you're on Long Island you'll have to deal with snow. The CrossClimate2 is a very good compromise tire. The Pilot Sport AS4 and DWS06+ are also good options that can deal with some snow and are a little more sporty, though they may wear a bit faster than the CC2 and will not be quite as good in snow.

I still can't read it. Not sure why you keep posting the same tiny pictures of what I assume is review ratings. See my post about how worthless these reviews/ratings actually are. Tire manufacturers buy reviews so they can't be trusted.
I ended up getting the continentals you recommended but if you look at it on the computer the pictures were normal size and yes they were review ratings

Reactions: NV Ray
I still can't read it. Not sure why you keep posting the same tiny pictures of what I assume is review ratings. See my post about how worthless these reviews/ratings actually are. Tire manufacturers buy reviews so they can't be trusted.
I reposted in full size because you complained you couldn't see them in thumbnails.

The reviews are from the latest Consumer Reports.

Take them for what their worth. The same as I take anyone else's "worthless" recommendations. It's all data points.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaisinCain
I've had good results from my last 2 sets of Vredesteins (Quatrac Pro), a performance all-season tire.
Name brand performance, but less expensive.
To be fair, they weren't on my Tesla, but wouldn't hesitate to put them on next time I need new shoes.
I have no experience with winter tires, but their Wintrac has good reviews.

Has anyone tried the Sailun tire company's new EV option, ERange? I think it leans summer rather than all-season.
45k mile warranty isn't bad.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I ended up getting the continentals you recommended but if you look at it on the computer the pictures were normal size and yes they were review ratings
I reposted in full size because you complained you couldn't see them in thumbnails.

The reviews are from the latest Consumer Reports.

Take them for what their worth. The same as I take anyone else's "worthless" recommendations. It's all data points.

Getting a little off topic here on the images but....

I use 32" monitors and this is how the first post looks:
1705594272894.png

When I click one of the thumbnails, this is what it looks like:
1705594317838.png

The most recent post has unclickable embeds and looks like this:
1705594364553.png

Can you read those? I can't. Just providing feedback in case you want others to be able to actually read the data you're sharing.

You'd want to click on the thumbnails and/or zoom. I was able to read them.

View attachment 1010092
View attachment 1010093
View attachment 1010094
Can you read those? I can't. Just providing feedback in case you want others to be able to actually read the data you're sharing.
They could be better quality but yeah, I can read them. Both on a phone and on 22" monitors. First post. Click on the thumbnail. If you need it larger, zoom in...

View attachment 1010092
View attachment 1010093
View attachment 1010094
I agree, they are not the best quality but best I can get from screen capture of Consumer Reports. I'm able to get online, digital Consumer Reports for free through my local library. Thanks for the feedback.

I put the Bridgestone Turanza EV tires on my 2017 MS 100d in May.

I did not notice any downfall with them over the factory Goodyear tires. We just had a bit of snow and low temps, and I had no traction issues either.

I'm not a stickler with the road noise so I can't claim they are not louder. As for grip/performance they work well on my car.