Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the supercharger dots in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again,

Planning another trip from Dallas to Fl - this time it is the plan to take BadA**.

However, I am looking at Tallahassee on I-10 and that is the only gap that is causing me dyspepsia. Anybody got an idea as to how I can get from Defuniak to Lake City? Is there a SC going in there in the next 8 weeks? Looking like a stop at the Four Points Hotel maybe? Thoughts?

WJ

Hello again,

Planning another trip from Dallas to Fl - this time it is the plan to take BadA**.

However, I am looking at Tallahassee on I-10 and that is the only gap that is causing me dyspepsia. Anybody got an idea as to how I can get from Defuniak to Lake City? Is there a SC going in there in the next 8 weeks? Looking like a stop at the Four Points Hotel maybe? Thoughts?

WJ
Hi WJ,

As far as we know they haven't broken ground on the Tallahassee Supercharger Station, therefore it is unlikely it will be operational in 8 weeks. All we have is a dot on the Tesla 2015 map in the Tallahassee area to give us hope for an eventual Supercharger this year.

I believe the distance between the Defuniak Springs to Lake City is about 220 miles. We definitely need a Tallahassee Supercharger Station to make it a comfortable drive. In the meantime it is theoretically possible to make the trip on a 85kWh battery, but it might be a nail-biter. Being a conservative guy if it were me making the trip I would plan at staying at the Four Points Hotel and using the HPWCs that they have available.

Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Larry

Hard to say about the next 8 weeks, but why aren't you more worried about Baton Rouge to Defuniak?

"grey" lightning bolts on the tesla website.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi WJ,

As far as we know they haven't broken ground on the Tallahassee Supercharger Station, therefore it is unlikely it will be operational in 8 weeks. All we have is a dot on the Tesla 2015 map in the Tallahassee area to give us hope for an eventual Supercharger this year.

I believe the distance between the Defuniak Springs to Lake City is about 220 miles. We definitely need a Tallahassee Supercharger Station to make it a comfortable drive. In the meantime it is theoretically possible to make the trip on a 85kWh battery, but it might be a nail-biter. Being a conservative guy if it were me making the trip I would plan at staying at the Four Points Hotel and using the HPWCs that they have available.

Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Larry

That hotel is my #1 plan option ... as I would be arriving in that area about 9pm anyway ... need to sleep somewhere. Hopefully it (they) will not be occupied when I arrive. On the way back, I may need to work on my hypermiling and/or hit a 40/50 amp site somewhere along the way for an hour.